Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Integrated Prenatal Screening

Today marked a milestone for the Family Szem - we got to see Bug again and this time...it looks like a real baby!

The baby measured at 11weeks4days today (5cm), which puts us just two days ahead of schedule. It was truly amazing to see the arms and legs, fists and feet, and even a little button nose. In the picture that we got today, it even looks like Bug might be sucking their thumb!

At one point, the technician pressed a little harder than I would have liked with the ultrasound wand, but it woke Bug up and he/she started moving all over the place - flailing its arms and legs, rolling over to try and get comfy and go back to sleep.

Absolutely amazing. We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything looks good to the doctor's and that my blood work was all right, and we go back in about 5 weeks for another round of blood work to complete the IPS Screening for Downs and Spina Bifida.

Today when we saw the baby, I immediately felt "It's a boy!" - which is a very different feeling than what I've had recently. Both C and I were confident that it was a girl last week, however...it definitely feels boy today! Either way, Bug is strong and is growing rapidly!

Here's the latest photo shoot!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! What a beautiful picture! Just so you know, Ive thought boy the whole time...

Melissa said...

Baby is beautiful!