Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!

Today could not be more perfect! I woke up this morning to C grumbling and looking out the window. Excitedly, I woke up, knowing that it could mean only one thing: Snow!!

Sure enough, there was a light dusting of snow and ice on the car this morning, and the ground was covered in the fluffy white stuff. How badly did I want to take the day off today and get the Christmas tree over to the new house!?

It brings to mind some Christmas traditions that I had growing up; putting up the Christmas tree with my Dad on December 1st while listening to Mario Lanza on the cd player, helping him paint and detail the white silhouette Nativity scene cut outs that adorned our front lawn .... wrapping presents on the pool table and trying to get the corners just right.

Christmas morning was the absolute best; waking up rush down to the fireplace to get our stocking, and excitedly watching my family open their gifts before enjoying some sticky, gooey Cinnabons for breakfast. This is a tradition that I've kept going with C's family, and in the past when we've been in Florida for Christmas morning, they've snuck Cinnabons down to surprise me.

I can't wait to start creating our own traditions with Bug. There's already a stocking on the mantle for them, and their Christmas decoration collection will start next year with a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. Throw in a Christmas family photo or two, and voila! New memories!

Since this is going to be our last Christmas as "just the two of us," we've decided to head back down to Florida for a much needed break. Only 25 days and I'll be lounging at the pool with a good book, while C will likely be out golfing and getting some much needed stress relief. I guess that means I better "become one with the belly" and embrace that it will continue to grow, regardless of what bathing suit I attempt to sport!

Happy December, everyone! May your holidays be magical, filled with memories and joy!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVED wearing a bathing suit while pregnant. You don't have to worry about your stomach at all b/c there's a reason it's cute & round and no one pays attention to the rest of you! So jealous ... enjoy!

Shan said...

lol I've got to start trying things on to figure out what I can actually pack! ahh! We leave so soon! Time is really flying by...