Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Old Toy Trains, Little Toy Tracks...

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head, and it just makes me smile every time I hear it! (I actually sent a request to 97.5 ezrock this morning to see if they would play it for me...just waiting and listening now....)

Old toy trains, little toy tracks
Little toy drums, coming from a sack
Carried by a man, dressed in white and red
Little boy, don't you think it's time you were in bed?

Last night over at the new house, I anxiously awaited the arrival of a very special box - the Christmas box! Much to my delight, C and his friend, T, brought it over so that I could decorate the tree, put our Toy Soldier wreath on the door and hum Old Toy Trains to myself while they watched hockey and ate pizza on the floor.

Such priorities! C just wanted to get the cable and Internet hooked up, figure out the surround sound (which he did! I'm very proud!!) while I just wanted to decorate the tree that will bring some magic into our new home.

And what a beautiful tree it is! Red glass balls....mouth blown clear glass balls....gold metal angels...white lights...our glass angel from Malta....green and gold sparkly ribbons....cream and gold sparkly ribbons....and a few homemade ornaments from my childhood tucked in here and there like Hickory Dickory Dock, my white Unicorn, and my little fairy that is painting a snowflake.

Now if only I could remember where I put the snowman family ornament! This "baby brain" is for the birds! I can't remember where anything is!

No comments: