Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Massage Therapists are Angels on Earth

I would like to extend a personal thank you to each and every massage therapist out there who works on pregnant women throughout the duration of their pregnancies. You are fabulous people, providing a very valuable service!!

I went for my first Mommy-To-Be massage on Sunday morning, and it was pure Heaven! The positioning was a little strange to get used to, being propped up on a support pillow, but once the lovely Luda started working on my hips and upper back...I just closed my eyes and enjoyed every second of the 50 minutes.

Typically after a massage, I'm a little sore in the spots where the knots were, but this one just left me with a feeling mixed with relaxation and energy. With "the girls" growing at a ridiculous rate (as if they weren't big enough already...), having my shoulders and neck worked on was fabulous. She stretched my feet and arms in different positions, which gave much relief to my joints. Absolutely amazing, and to any Mommy-to-Be's reading this...go for one!!

This week brings some pretty amazing developments for Bug. At just over 5 inches in length from crown to rump, mylen tissue is starting to cover the nerves and fat is being deposited to make for a fleshier future. Still flexing and stretching, I'm feeling movement more and more often, especially at story time (though we're still waiting for C to feel it from the outside). By the end of the week, Bug will be about the size of a sweet potato, which is big enough for us to feel...and see...movement from the outside!

No comments: