Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Lovely Baby Bump

Well....I guess part of the curse of being 5'2" is that there is no where for my bump to go but out! Not only is it growing out, but it's smoothing out as well and my little hourglass dip is almost gone...*sigh*



I have a feeling that this may be the last picture in the turquoise shirt. With it riding up over my waistband of my pants, and it bunching at the back - it's looking less and less likely that it will be making an appearance on the blog next week.

Daddy comes home tonight and he's not going to recognize us I think! Even in the span of 4 days, the bump has grown, the baby has fluttered and flipped about, and Mommy's become increasingly emotional as we get ever closer to Christmas.

Perhaps a trip to RONA to pick out nursery paint colours and decor is in order to cheer me up! (I'm sure much to Daddy's chagrin) On his to-do list for next week is to get the nursery base colour painted so that we can swoop in after the holidays and do the chocolate and turquoise horizontal stripes. Then it'll be off to Babies R' Us to finish off the baby registry and order the crib! It didn't occur to me until yesterday that the crib wouldn't necessarily be "in stock" and that we would likely have to wait a few weeks for its arrival. Hopefully by mid-March, the nursery is entirely set up and looking fabulous!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Remember to get the paint with no VOCs to keep you & baby safe. Don't stress about the crib, I know very few babies who actually slept in one for the first few weeks :) We assembled our crib on the evening of Aug. 9 and I went into labour at midnight (our due date!). Despite our intentions I don't think Andrew actually slept in it until he was about 2 months old.

Melissa said...

You look fab Shan!

Shan said...

S - Where did he sleep??
And yes - low/no VOC's are a must! Thankfully, I've done my research. I can't wait to go and pick out the final colours!

Mel - thanks!!

Sara said...

We intended him to sleep in the crib in the nursery but quickly realized that that wasn't going to work well b/c of how crappy I felt, how often he nursed & the fact that he didn't sleep well in the crib. Despite me saying I'd never cosleep, we coslept with him some of the time and he also slept beside the bed in his carseat (which I was so embarassed to admit to other moms but once I did I heard that so many of them did the same thing b/c of how well their kids slept in them!). With Ella I got smart and bought a bassinet to go beside my bed. She slept in that for 3 months and when she outgrew it we set the crib up in our room beside the bed. I liked having my babies close for the first 6 months and it made nursing at night a lot easier. I didn't know anything about parenting styles or do it intentionally but but I guess I kinda subscribed to the 'attachment parenting' method.

Shannon said...

aww you look great!!! We got our nursery bedding a couple weeks ago, its crazy how we are already talking about paint colours!! Do you have any ideas as to what colours you like?

Shan said...

Gees - all of these parenting techniques that we need to discuss and figure out! lol

Shan - we're going with cream walls, and a chocolate brown stripe with some turquoise accents. We figure if Bug ends up to be a girl (which we're feeling it is!) it'll be easy enoug to get a new girly light fixture and throw in some pink accents.