Thursday, December 10, 2009

One Sick Momma

If it's not the sinus cold that I've come down with this week it's the morning sickness creeping back up to pay a visit. This really couldn't be happening at a worse time either - we have our housewarming party on Saturday!

At least Benedryl is approved by our doctors - it seemed to really help to stay home yesterday, get some rest and take Benedryl on a good schedule. The 4 hour nap in the middle of the afternoon probably helped as well.

The morning sickness has been creeping up little by little but I'm trying to manage it by eating slowly throughout the day so that my tummy always has something in it. It's such a catch 22 - I don't want to eat when I feel like I'm going to throw up, but I know I need to eat so that the baby will get the nutrients it needs to grow big and strong.

Now that we're further along than what we originally thought, Bug is just about the size of a naval orange with arms and legs that are proportionate to how they will be once born. Becoming increasingly sensitive to light and touch, if we were to shine a flashlight at my belly, Bug would scoot away to get to somewhere dark.

4am rolled around today, and I felt something rather interesting - a tiny little flutter...almost like a somersault when I rolled over to get comfortable. When I put my hand on the spot where the movement was, the movement kept happening three or four times. What an amazing feeling!

1 comment:

Bandia12 said...

awww I'm so excited you felt movement!! I'm not so excited though that you don't feel well. :( I Hope it gets better!