And next year, the one on the middle will have a name on it! (picture to come tomorrow - computer is not cooperating!)
We are finally into our new house, and couldn't be happier, though C had to do pretty much everything on his own (dr's orders for Mommy to rest and take care of Bug! No lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, unpacking, bending, squatting....oh my!)
The new couch is in place, TV hooked up. The Christmas tree is sparkle and lovely. The wine bar is set up, our washer and dryer are here. It's actually starting to look like we live here, which is really nice! There is still an awful lot of work that needs to be done, lots of organizing and unpacking, but little by litte it's looking like we're home.
Things in the belly department are ever growing, and at 13weeks today, I have more stretch marks than I'd like to have but that's all right. I'm back to getting sick in the morning if I don't have something to eat right away, and I wake up between 4:00-4:30 every morning these days. Daddy's getting worried that I'm not getting enough rest, but I'm thanking my lucky stars that this baby is still with us and growing stronger everyday. I'm also very thankful for afternoon naps!
As we work our way toward 14weeks, Bug is becoming increasingly expressive! That's right - squinting, frowning (enough of that Little One!!), sucking their thumbs and even peeing! (That really grosses me out, but whatever) He/she has the ability to grasp and make fists now, and by mid-week will be the size of a large lemon. Ultra-fine hair will start covering its tiny body this week as well, and Bug now has a distinct neck (which we saw on an ultrasound last Thursday, very cool!) The spleen will start making red blood cells this week, and the liver starts to make bile as well.
Soon we'll be able to feel kicks and punches, and the baby is already responding to the little pats, pokes and strokes that we give my belly. I can't wait to feel the responses!
No comments:
Post a Comment