Their head was over by my left hip, and we picked up the heartbeat over by my right hip. Now, I realize that things are cushioned and whatnot in there, but that's one long baby! Who knew that this little 5'2" Mommy could have a tall baby! haha They must get it from their Daddy!
Then came the weight...I was sure that after Baskin Robbins sundaes, steaks, Key Lime pie, pizza, Bloomin' Onion etc. that were consumed over the holidays that I would at least have packed on a good 5-10lbs. Au contrare! Down another 1.5lbs - so that makes a total of 21.5lbs lost since we found out we were pregnant. The doctor is starting to get concerned, since the baby is so active and I'm getting so tired. He has a feeling that it's taking quite the toll on my body, and that coupled with the weight loss and continued "morning sickness" (no matter if I eat every hour to 2 hours, I still get sick at least once a week)...he mentioned that bed rest may be in my future at some point. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point...but we'll see.
For now, I'm trying to concentrate on the eating and trying to gain some weight. It's incredible to think that even with a growing child in me (and a big one at that), and with boobs that seem ginormous at the moment, I've still managed to weigh less than I did when we got married in 2008. Most definitely, I'm all boobs and belly!
This is from New Years Eve...
And this is the 18wk belly picture - what a difference a week makes!
No comments:
Post a Comment