We were all snuggled in to enjoy some Season 3 Grey's Anatomy when it happened. C had his hand on my belly since I was feeling crazy movements during the episode we were watching (the one about the 8 1/2 month pregnant lady who falls and breaks her arm, then Addison has to tell her that her baby died...so sad...if you're pregnant, don't watch it!). All of a sudden he looked down at me and said "What the h*ll was that?! I felt that!" and I couldn't stop giggling.
Immediately, I high-fived him and said "you just felt the baby!!" It was so great that he finally could feel Bug moving around in there!!
After story time (last night was Curious George and the Birthday Surprise) I had a little chat with Bug and taught them some funny things about their Poppa. I told them that they probably have already met him in Heaven while we were waiting to be ready for a baby, but that he was a strong man who loved Grandma Dale very much, played the drums very well and was a fantastic goalie. Just then, I felt one...two...three little head butts (or bum nudges) against the palm of my hand. I giggled every time, and the baby responded by head butting me more!
We're starting to get the nursery prepared for paint this week. All of Bug's goodies and Christmas gifts have been moved into another room, and tonight we'll putty up any holes that were left from the previous owners. I'm hoping to get the baseboards and whatnot taped up tomorrow or Saturday so that C and his buddy T can get to painting the Almond Cream next week. Almost 5 months down! Time is really starting to fly!
No comments:
Post a Comment