Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting Anxious

Well...at this time tomorrow we will know if Bug is a boy or a girl. The thought of that is somewhat overwhelming, and hugely exciting. At least we'll have the next 20ish weeks to prepare ourselves for the biggest, and most wonderful, change that we'll ever experience as a family.

It did get me thinking - what are my hopes and dreams for our children? (I write this as he/she is busily kicking my right hip, clearly responding to the Coldplay that is playing right now) If we have a son, are my hopes and dreams different than if we have a daughter?

If Bug is a boy, I hope that they have a love of the arts and music. I dream of painting on canvas with them when they're little, making masterpieces that will surely adorn the walls of our home. I hope that he loves animals, likes to lie on the grass watching the clouds and continues to love story time with Daddy. I hope that he is kind, and loving, and cares about everyone who already loves him.

If Bug is a girl, I hope that she loves hockey as much as her Mommy and Daddy do. I dream of cold winter days, snuggled up under blankets, reading books together. I hope that she loves to sing like her Grandma Dale, can rough house with the boys and stands up for herself when they eventually make fun of her. I hope that she is kind, and loving, and cares about everyone who already loves her.

I hope that they are kind to their future brothers/sisters. I hope they know in the bottom of their hearts, that we will love them forever, no matter how many temper tantrums they throw or curfews they brake or strange boys they bring home to get approval from their Dad.

I hope they are happy, and find something that they are passionate about. I hope that they chase their dreams and know that it's okay to fail. I hope that they will always want a little snuggle when they are little, and thatthey will think it okay to hug them when we're excited and proud of them.

I hope they feel loved - at every moment of everyday.

2 comments:

Bandia12 said...

Awww! This made me cry :) So sweet. I am so excited for you! I cannot believe that you are finding out already. Your pregnancy has flown by so fast :) I can't wait to find out what I'm having. And I just want you to know something... I know that you are going to be a wonderful mother. You have so much love and kindness in your heart. Bug is one lucky little baby :)

Shan said...

awh! thank you so much for your kind words - that's really sweet!
The time really has flown by...it feels like it was just a few short weeks ago that I was running out of the bathroom, crying, telling C that we were in fact pregnant. It's crazy!
Sonn - you'll be finding out (if you choose to!)