Monday, January 11, 2010

The New Light Fixture

Much to Daddy's chagrin, I bought a new light fixture at IKEA on Saturday when I was shopping with my friend, A. If only he had of texted me back to let me know he didn't like it very much...oh well! The lamp shade was only $4, and we can get all of the wiring and whatnot from RONA from cheaper than at IKEA.



I really love how each shade is unique since they are handmade, and the soft lighting that it will cast in the room. The texture is fantastic, and matches the artsy feel that I'm going for in the nursery. I don't think it will hang as low as it looks in the picture, maybe about 6" from the ceiling just for some breathing room.

Tonight's task: sanding the puttied holes smooth and getting the baseboards/window frames/ceiling taped up!

No comments: