Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 21...

As I sit and wait for the call from our doctor's office, which I will let promptly go to voicemail so that C and I can hear the news together, I'm a little astounded that we're getting into week 21.

If you had of asked me 5 months ago if I thought that we would be happily pregnant with a healthy baby on January 19, 2010...I would have told you that you were crazy. I would have told you that there was no way my body was going to cooperate with the whole pregnancy thing. I would have told you that it's insane to think that me...the little ball of stress that I tend to be...would do well with being pregnant.

Well, 5 months later...we very clearly are very pregnant with a rather big baby! For you loyal readers who know how difficult it's been for us, I needn't remind you of the grossness I've experienced in these 5 short months.

I can only imagine what the next 4-5 months hold for us. I'm pretty convinced that this baby will be born early....I simply think it's going to run out of room! It's already the length of a large carrot/banana and is practising its ninja ways on a daily basis. It has eyebrows and their eyelids are present now as well.

I think the next milestone for me, aside from listening to the all important voicemail from our doctor, will be when my belly pops. It's going to happen any day now. I tried to poke around my belly button at lunchtime today, and...well...it's barely even there! My belly is getting itchy, so the skin is stretching...giving me lovely battle-scars...so...any day now!!

1 comment:

Bandia12 said...

Aww.. I know I say this a lot, but I'm still so excited for you! You are so patient as you have waited to find out the sex, and as you wait to listen to the message. I wish you the best, and I can't believe you have made it this far already! Enjoy your message once he is finally home. Congrats to you momma, and to you C!