Oh what a busy weekend we have ahead of us. Not only is it Super Bowl weekend and we'll be hosting our friends for a party, but we have about a million little projects that I'd like to get completed for the nursery.
First there's the Almond Cream that needs to be finished. We had a bit of a challenge with the edging and it looks like the old sagey colour is coming through in the corners and along the top edge. So hopefully, we can correct that with another seamless coat tomorrow.
Secondly, we have to pick up the rocking chair from my Mom. She's graciously offered to let us borrow her beautiful dark wood rocking chair for a couple of years to have in the nursery. So it looks like we'll be taking a trip down to Ingersoll to pick that up early morning Saturday.
Then there's the dresser. The dresser that we have is currently a honey colour and used to be in my brother's room when he was little. My goal is to get it sanded down this weekend, the hardware off and to go to RONA to pick out a stain that will match my Mom's rocking chair.
Sunday....oh Sunday. In addition to the Super Bowl party, I'd also like to get the horizontal stripes at least taped, if not painted. Since they're technically only going on 2.5 walls (because of a window and closet), it will literally take all of 25 minutes to paint them. I'm hoping that C will just let me take care of painting them, but he's been very "no pregnant lady in the painted room!" We shall see....
I'd also like to get the height chart primed on Sunday if I can. When my bff, H, was pregnant with her son, I painted her a height chart...which sort of started a theme for shower gifts. I've painted them with bumble bees for a Winnie the Pooh room, with vines and leaves for a Jungle themed nursery, and with a hunny pot for another Winnie the Pooh room. Ours will be fairly simple I think and I'm going to use the nursery paint so that it's cohesive.
My thought for the height chart is to paint the background the Almond Cream (if we have any left). Then for the edges and about 2-3" on the front to create a border, I'll paint the Rich Mocha. Inside that, using the thinnest line and steadiest hand that I can manage, I'll use the Amalfi Coast. The numbers will be painted in a chocolate brown acrylic (as the latex won't be thick enough), with chocolate brown dashes every inch. Around the numbers likely will be some tiny Amalfi Coast dots or whimsical lines.
I'll have to post pictures! After writing about it, I want to get started on it tonight!!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend, although busy. Have fun at your party. :O)
IF you have a picture of the height chart you did for your BF can you share it? We are doing Classic Pooh for our nursery and I would love to see your creativity for a height chart. Thanks love! Happy Friday!
I can ask her for a picture of it! It was just a 6' piece of birch, painted white, with black numbers hand painted once every foot, starting at 2 (it was hung 1' off the ground, so the bottom edge of the board acted as the 1' marker)
then I painted the hunny bees sporadically around it. I don't have pictures of the other two, but I will post on *hopefully* Monday with our height chart!!
I could sketch something for you though??
How about you just post a pic of yours you do. That way I can at least get an idea. My husband is a great painter/artist too so I think he might be able to tackle the painting piece if I can give him some ideas! :O) Thanks for the inspiration! Oh to be creative...
Post a Comment