Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pre-Mat Leave Project #1...

...has been replaced! Yes, I'll still have some gardening and landscaping to figure out in the coming weeks, and instructions to give to C about raking the dead grass, putting out patio furniture and whatnot, but I've been hit with another creative bug.

My dear friend, fellow Bumpie and Due-Date Buddy Synchrosally is a huge Paper Artist. She calls herself a paper crafter, but really...the things that she is able to master up are works of art in my opinion. She's made an absolutely beautiful height chart, as well as some really awesome name art for her nursery (with beautiful names as well!) and mentioned the other day about making Thank-You cards for her showers.

Hmm...it got me thinking. Maybe that's something that I could tackle in the first week that I'm on early-maternity-leave. I enjoy scrapbooking...so perhaps making some cute Thank-You cards is just the next step in my paper artistry!

Thursday after work, while C was at home sick, I took the opportunity to whip out to Michael's for supplies with the intention of getting papers in the same colours (or at least coordinating colours) as what we've done the nursery. Here is what I came home with...




I just LOVE the patterns on the brown paper, and am very thankful for the pre-made cards. It makes my life ALOT easier, considering that I'll be making approximately 50 thank-you cards to use over the next few months. Between 4 baby showers, and gifts from out of town family, there need to be beautiful thank-you's for everyone! (or at least, I think that everyone deserves a beautiful thank-you card for their generosity!)

The yellow, blue, turquoise and purple papers I already had in my scrapbooking cart (which is now neatly organized in my design room...woohoo!), and I found my little tag template which should come in handy for putting making tags out of those papers and stamping cute motifs such as...



I found the "Baby" pennant and elephant in the $1.50 stamp bin, so yay for a bargain! The elephant is just so freaking cute, and it fits perfectly with the stuffed animals that we have in the nursery already. The "Baby" pennant...well how could I not!? The other stamps I already had in my collection and just thought that they might be nice to give a little variety to the cards, and would be a little more generic in case I have a bunch of them leftover to use as birthday, thank-you, thinking-of-you etc. cards.

Now, I just have to actually make the cards...eek!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I have a few baby-related stamp sets if you'd like to borrow them. I won't be using them for awhile and could send them to Ingersoll w/ my mom (w/ the Mr. Men books that just came in today). She's heading there tomorrow (I think).

Shan said...

WOOHOO!!! That's be awesome S, thanks so much!!
How long is your Mom in town for? Maybe I should take a trip down there this weekend to see her!

Sara said...

My grandmother's in the hospital in Ingersoll (she hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks and she's there for tests, etc.) so my mom will be there for a couple of days every week or so for the next little while. She'll take the stuff w/ her this time but if she doesn't have time to see your mom then she'll make sure she gets it to her next time. She's only going to be there from Wed. evening until Fri. morning this time.

Synchrosally said...

Can't wait to see those thank you cards in their finished form. I promise to blog about mine as soon as I get to it. Just found out I'm all out of green cardstock. How could that be? Guess a trip to Michaels is in order for me tomorrow!