Monday, March 29, 2010

Pre-Mat Leave Project #2 - Studio Setup

This weekend was an incredibly productive one, and we even found some time to relax (if you can imagine that!).

C was busy all day Saturday, and I went to a bridal shower for a good friend - which was a really nice excuse to get semi-dressed up, do my hair and put on some makeup. I felt human again! The food was great, the friends even better, and I think a good time was had by all.

Afterward, I indulged in a little bridal-shower-shopping for supplies, napkins...plates...things of the such at Party Packagers for the bridal shower I'm throwing for my good friend A. I'm so excited!! I have it all planned out, and have probably gone overboard with colour coordination and the theme (while still keeping it simple), but I blame this on my obsession with Amy Atlas Events (a blog entry for another time...)

When I got home I was feeling just great, so decided to start tackling a project. I picked Project #2...setting up an art and design space to call my own.

Step 1 - tidy and take Before pictures


(please excuse the mess...C has been sick so I offered to sleep in the guest room for a few nights last week)



Some people have junk drawers...I have junk closets!

Step #2 - Move the bed around (and yes...I did it by myself...and didn't get yelled at too terribly much by C!)




Oh...and tidy up the bed so it doesn't look like such a hot-mess!
Step #3 - Bring up the Supplies!


See that big piece of wood? It's about 4' x 3'...and I'm just dying to paint it and put it up in our bedroom! Maybe I'll get on that before our photo session with Rosita....maybe...

Step #4 - Organize art and design supplies in the closet...my new Design Centre






I am SO happy to have a design space again, and for it to be incredibly neat and organized! There are even hooks in the closet for things like my smock (that plaid shirt you can see in the closet pictures...it's my Dad's old work shirt), bakery design bag, hair ties etc!
Part #2 of Project #2 - go through paint and go get some new supplies! I can't wait!

No comments: