Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So many moons ago, over at the Getting Pregnant board on The Bump, I started a post on Thursday mornings called Thankful Thursday's. It was a nice chance for us to focus on some of the positive things going on in our lives, while the most positive thing we were trying to achieve was proving to be one of our biggest challenges...getting pregnant.

I've tried to carry it over through the 1st, 2nd and now 3rd Trimester boards, and thought that I would bring it over to the blog today. It's hard sometimes to look past the negative stuff...especially after months of throwing up, a few trips to the hospital, a few trips down the stairs and countless tears. At the end of the day though...there's always something to be thankful for.

Here are my top four...

I'm thankful for my husband. I know that probably sounds pretty cliche, and a lot of ladies during Thankful Thursday will post about being thankful for their husband, kids, family etc. but it's so very true. I am so thankful that he finds our prenatal classes helpful, and that he wants to learn about what's going on with my body. I am thankful that he kisses my belly and says "Goodnight, Dude" every night to our son. I am just so thankful that I found him - because without him, my life would be incomplete.

I'm thankful for my two very best friends, H and T. They're both moms (of a 7 year old boy, and almost 2 year old girl...) so I am very thankful to be able to turn to them when I have weird questions about maternity clothes, kick patterns, throwing up, and every other weird symptom that probably is too graphic to write about here. They probably don't know how much I appreciate little things like when we go to the spa for pedicures and then out for lunch, or just hanging out and chatting over some Starbucks. I am so thankful that they will both be just down the hall when this little guy is born (timing permitting!) because they both bring such strength to me!

I am thankful to the ladies over at The Bump, who get me through my lowest lows and help me celebrate my highest highs. Most of them read this blog, and I wanted them to know just how thankful I am to them for getting me through the past 7 months (gulp! 7!!) Thank you for making me laugh, letting me be snarky, letting me cry and for just being there at the times when I need you most. It really helps to have made connections with other women who are going through the exact same things that you are, and to be able to talk about things that aren't baby related from time to time. For all of those things, ladies of The Bump - Thank You!

I am thankful that this pregnancy is finally going well and that I am able to enjoy it more now. I don't have any crazy cravings, and at the moment nothing is making me sick to my stomach (knock on wood!). I do have Braxton Hicks from time to time, but it's manageable and doesn't hurt too much. My biggest pet peeve is how often I have to go pee (darn your steel bladder, MrsJenni!!) but even that pales in comparison to how happy I am to feel this little boy kick, roll, squirm, punch and wiggle. It puts a smile on my face every single day, and I am so thankful that he is doing so well after all of the complications we've been through.

Okay...I think I'm done being all mushy and gross now...Well...at least for now I am.

Happy Thankful Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

Lara said...

You are just too adorable!!