At 34 weeks, Bug's continuing to develop his nervous system, put on baby fat and his skin is smoothing out so that he won't be all wrinkly when he comes to meet us. His lungs are just about fully matured, which probably explains for the increase in hiccuping lately! From here on in, the developments aren't all that exciting...he's really just bulking up and putting on fat!
Gone are the days of developing ears and eyes, webbed toes and fingers...we have a real baby now!
C and I were chatting the other day (as in...I was asking him a tonne of silly questions) and I think I've concluded that Bug will likely have some very cute blonde curls and big brown puppy dog eyes. He's going to be a heart breaker! How could these two kids not grow up to make one super cute human being?!

Symptom wise lately, I've been feeling pretty good however occasionally suffer from a shortness of breath, nausea every now and then, and over all discomfort from having a small torso and an almost full term baby in there. Yoga seems to help to create space and ease the bruised-ribs feeling, but lately I've noticed that my hips are really sore when I wake up, or if I've been sitting for too long...particularly my left hip. I've also been getting the "wow, I think I did 1000 crunches yesterday!" feeling, and know that the tightness is primarily due to Braxton Hicks.
That's probably my least favourite part of the day...Braxton Hicks. Sometimes, it's fine and takes but seconds to go away. Other times though...wow...uncomfortable! I know that it's just preparing my body for what is to come...and soon...but it leaves my belly rather sore sometimes. All part of the process I guess!
1 comment:
Do you go to a yoga class or just a video? Im too have short torso and my ribs are killing me! Not from the baby kicking but just from growing. My ribs are so tender.
My braxton hicks have also been picking up. I actually had one yesterday that made me sit down and breath through it, other than that I just feel them as my belly really tightens up.
Post a Comment