You read that right...a good night's sleep! I only had to get up to go to the bathroom once, and to roll over one other time! I think I slept for a full 6 hour stretch at one point! Needlesstosay, I am feeling absolutely amazing today, maybe even a little hyper (that could just be the Starbucks talking though...)
Today is an exciting and yet sad day, all rolled into one. It's my last day of work and while I'm excited to get started on my many projects, and an art collection, I have a very heavy heart in leaving a place that I've been working at for such a long time. I've built some really awesome friendships and relationships with people here, and am really proud of the work that I've been able to accomplish. It's been an interesting week of reflection - writing out instruction sheets to make sure things get taken care of etc. and realizing just how far I've taken this position. We've come along way from using a spreadsheet for file maintenance, and I'm so proud to have brought structure and organization to what could otherwise be chaos.
I'm really going to miss it here. Taking down my pictures and decorative stuff yesterday really made it all sink in that I'm actually going to be gone for the next 14 months. Wow...that's a long time! And man, do I have alot of stuff to take home! Thankfully, I've been able to transfer some of my pictures up to C's office, but most of the heavy stuff is coming home with me.
After a good night's sleep, it's really sinking in that today's my last day...for a while anyway. I'm excited to get home, sleep in tomorrow, and get started on some projects next week. I'm going to try and stick to a schedule so that I'm staying active and have a routine every day, while focusing all of my energy on really positive things. After organizing my design space, I have the Thank-You cards to start next week. I was flipping through my sketch book last night and realized that there are 3 collections sketched out that need to be created. I feel a trip to Curry's in Hamilton in my very near future (sorry, bank account!)
In terms of bug's development this week, he's not growing much in length but will be putting on some serious baby fat. He'll go from about 2lbs. to 3lbs. by the end of the week, and is still classified in the "butternut squash" category. He is working on practising turning his head from side to side (which I can feel alot first thing in the morning when I say "Good morning Sweetpea"), doing somersaults in the middle of the night (we had to have a little chat about that last night before bedtime....) and stretching out every now and then. By the end of next week, he'll be started on moving into the "honeydew melon" stage. He's such a good little boy, and we love him to pieces already.
Oh! And C put on another coat of stain last night. There's still alot more to do to the dresser, and after 3 coats...it's going to need probably about 5-6 more. I want it to be dark-dark, but it still has the honey undertones showing through. I can't wait to get it up into the nursery, and I'm really hoping that by the end of the weekend, that might be able to happen. I can't wait to post pictures!! It's just beautiful, and C put so much hard work into pulling everything together, which I very much appreciate. Thanks, Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment