Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy GREAT Friday!

It's not just Good Friday...it's GREAT Friday today! It's C's birthday!!

In honour of that, I've changed the playlist to a few of our favourite Classic Rock songs...and by a few, there are a lot!

This afternoon, we're off to his first softball game of the season and I am so excited for a few reasons.

First and foremost, I'm Team Mom. I take cookies, cupcakes, oranges, juice boxes...pretty much anything that I think the team will enjoy. I love my job at Team Mom and it's going to be great this summer going to all of the games with Bug!

Secondly, C really enjoys his time out with the team. It's really nice to see him enjoying something that he's passionate about, and it's great that the kickoff is on his birthday this year. It's primarily a work team, but today a whole bunch of his best friends are coming to play...which should help them win considering that two of them are former OUA baseball players, and one is a former NCAA baseball player. Stack the team much? Absolutely!

Lastly, baseball was a big part of growing up in our family. My brother played, my Dad coached, and my Mom kept score. I was just that cute kid who wanted to sit on the players bench and keep her Dad company, help Mom keep score and then run to the booth for a freezie.

You know who gets to be that cute kid at Daddy's games soon? Bug! We'll likely get him into playing baseball (hopefully he likes it and wants to continue with it after a year or so...we'll see!) and T will probably help with coaching, and C will be that Dad who cheers his kid on no matter what happens. I'll keep score, and bring cookies and oranges for all of the little kids. It's such an exciting thought, and it makes me really excited for baseball this afternoon!

Happy Birthday C! Bug and I love you very much and hope you have a great day!!

No comments: