Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby Watch 2010

That's right! The mess-up of an appointment turned out to be a blessing in disguise...we got great information this morning at our appointment!

I didn't sleep very well at all last night...tossing and turning, up almost every hour to go to the bathroom...lots of cramping, and a little bleeding as well. Was it ever worth it!

Bug's heart rate - 140bpm

Momma's blood pressure - 100/68

Weight gain - 0!

Crown to Rump measurement - 39cm...yup! He grew 2cm in a week, without me gaining a pound! No wonder I've been so miserable in the past week!!

Now for the best part - more dilation! Dr. Leslie had the honour of doing the internal today and I am about 3cm dilated at this point, still fully effaced and both we heard the best words ever.

Any. Day. Now.

That's right! We're officially on Baby Watch 2010!

We booked our next appointment for next Friday, though Dr. Jordan doesn't think we will make it that far, and C is anticipating a Sunday or monday baby.

I didn't ask about a stretch&sweep, or induction either. I figure at this point...it's out of my hands, it's still early, and I am certainly strong enough to last a few more days. Godmomma and MommaT are not anywhere near me, and I really want them to be here when Bug arrives. C's in the golf tournament at the club this weekend, and we have the big dinner and dance tomorrow night - it might be our last chance at a little adult date night where I can get dressed up.

And I have the spa tomorrow! Momma needs pretty fingers and toes!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Great to read such a positive post after you were down yesterday. I'll have my cell on me at all times ... text on your way to L&D :)

SSG said...

Fantastic! Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to hear when you are in L&D!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck this upcoming week! Can't wait to "meet" the little one and find out the name!

Shan said...

We will, S! So exciting and terrifying all at the same time!

lol Shan - I only now figured out that you're Shizz! hahaha

Loved - oh...his name...I LOVE IT! I hope you guys will too!