Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebrating 37wks with a Baby Shower

Nana V's very best friend, Kathy, and her daughter, Kim threw us a really super cute baby shower in Kathy's newly renovated (and incredibly gorgeous) home this past Saturday. The food was fantastic...I think I went into a chocolate coma by the end of it!

Here are some pictures!


Heading off to the shower, I asked C for a fullterm-picture


Aunt Dorothy and Grandma Dale


Group shot! Suzanne, Kathy, Aunt Dorothy, me, Grandma Dale, Trudy and Kim. How cute is that clothes line?!


Another group show with Nana V and Casey (my little helper for the day)

Casey was so helpful! He would get my gifts for me, and then asked how I was. I said I was pooped...which turned into him walking around and telling everyone "Shan's pooped!" for an hour and a half! So cute!
All of the incredibly generous gifts! Thanks everyone!!

And a rundown of a few of our faves....



Flexible tub that fits into any sink! How cool is that?! Thanks Kelly!!


The Very Hungry Caterpillar book and toy, from Trudy! LOVE it!


Bug's first hightops! Oh Suzanne, they're awesome!


Handmade quilt from Aunt Dorothy...there will be much snuggling had with this one!

This week, we have big plans of ordering the stroller, getting the car seat inspected and organizing the nursery one last time (ya right...it's been organized and reorganized at least a dozen times over by now!). There are a few things that we still need to get, but we did really well yesterday at Walmart getting things like the breast pump, milk saver bags, cotton balls, Vaseline, baby wipes (never can have too many of those right?!), nipple cream, baby bum cream.
We still need to get a baby monitor with good range (leaning toward the Vtech Crystal Clear one, but we will see what BRU has in store on Wednesday after C's done work), bouncer chair, change pad cover, stroller (wahoo for the Quinny Zapp being in stock!), a couple of extra bottles, and a couple more little storage bins to match the one that Suzanne packed all of her handy gifts (remember those hightops?!) in. They'll go in the dresser to keep bath stuff, diaper stuff, and receiving blankets all organized....for now!
Definitely a busy baby week, ending with our weekly doctor's appointment.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Just a comment on the baby monitor ... you may want to look for one that has 2 receivers and 2 bases as well as allows you to plug it in or use batteries. My kids are 2 1/2 years apart and we had to use one monitor in A's room and another in E's room which meant 2 receivers wherever we were and both needed to be plugged in. I know monitors have come a long was since 2003 :)

Shan said...

hmmm...good point! I hadn't thought about that! We will have to investigate when we're at the store on Wednesday! Thanks for the tip :)

Sara said...

P.S. What is the bear wearing? Is it something for you post-pregnancy?!

Shan said...

lol it's supposed to be Winne the Pooh's sweater - the hostess knitted it and laced it together.

Currently...Jaroslav the bear is wearing a white HABS jersey ;)

Sara said...

That's too funny. From the pics I thought it was a red bustier, which didn't seem appropriate for the theme of the shower :)