Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Good...The Bad....and The Ugly

What am I talking about, you wonder? Two words.

Nursing. Bras.

I went out yesterday, goal in mind, of finding two comfortable nursing bras...one white and one black. Part of my goal was to not spend a tonne of money as well, and to try and get a couple of them that didn't make me literally feel like a cow.

Well! Let's start with The Bad.

They're horrible!!!! The selection is awful....two styles! Really!? That's it!? One with lace and one without. Oh...well I suppose there were three styles if you include the cross over maternity sports bra...but let's get serious. Why in the world would I pay over $20 CDN for a sports bra that is identical to what I have now!?

The Ugly...well! You try stuffing your boobs, which have grown, and then shrunk....only to grow again, into these stupid things made of cotton that have flaps for easy access. The Playtex version...wow! Hello, torpedo boobs! At 40D...I definitely do not need torpedo's protruding from my body!

Now onto The Good...because there is some! After trying on a variety of sizes to ensure the most comfortable fit and taking into consideration that the girls will grow again due to engorgement (yippee do!), I quickly fell in love with the easy-access-flaps and the smooth styling of the Warner's maternity bra. While, yes it makes me feel slightly awkward and not all all girly, they're extremely convenient and will certainly make my life easier and support me want to breastfeed. They didn't give me torpedo boobs either, which was nice!

And it gave C a good laugh when I modelled them when he got home from work!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yay, you have nursing bras! If nursing goes well then you'll probably want a couple more b/c I lived in them 24/7 and sometimes you need to switch them a couple of times a day if you leak etc.. At least you know what brand & size you like so you can send someone for more if necessary. I used Warners too but I had friends order some nicer ones from the States (I think Heidi Klum has a line).

Have you managed to make a list of all the other stuff you felt you were missing? One of my first shower gifts was a basket full of all the little things (wash, lotion, Tylenol, wipes, cream, washcloths, etc.) and aside from the meals that people brought me, that was the best gift ever!

Shan said...

we do have a list going and are slowly checking things off. We have another shower this weekend, so we will have to go back to the list afterward - but so far so good! We're needing our stroller...that's the biggest thing right now.

Synchrosally said...

Ha ha ha. I just bought one, but haven't tried it on yet. Here's hoping the smallest possible sized nursing bra fits me. Oh boy are we on two ends of the spectrum!