C treated me to a really special day today, and while I don't typically blog on the weekends, I thought that I would post because I am so freaking excited!
We went to Cheeky Monkey this afternoon to....pick out a diaper bag! When we got there, we were told about fabulous discounts, draws and they had an aesthetician on site from POSH Pedicure Lounge to give mommy's a hand massage! Woohoo! It was lovely, and my hands are silky smooth and fantastic feeling now! She even said that they have Baby-Friendly Wednesday's for mom's to get manicures and pedicures, with babysitters on staff! (must investigate further...)
C spent alot of time looking over the diaper bags, going over options with the sales staff, and tried to keep in mind that I am ridiculously girly when it comes to accessories (think purple leather purses with ruffles and things of the sort).
We settled on....the Skip Hop Via bag...18 pockets, change pad, and stroller straps in black with a silver lining. C really liked the style, and it will match the stroller perfectly, which keeps me happy! Tonnes of storage, and like C said...we don't need something super girly..."let's be serious here, S...who's going to be carrying this thing around most often?" Oh bless your heart, C!
Here's the super exciting part...it's all packed!
Warm blanket from Auntie Debbie, 10 diapers (the hospital only supplies 6...), two receiving blankets, HABS going home outfit (in case it's warm out), monkey going home outfit from Godmomma (in case it's chilly), nursing wrap, soother, two pairs of socks, two white onesies
After our trip to Cheeky Monkey, we headed to the grocery store...for ice cream.
If I Had 1,000,000 Flavours anyone?
Thanks C, for a fantastic mother's day!
2 comments:
Very nice bag! We had a black Peg Perego backpack and loved it. Dylan could carry it w/o anyone even realizing it was a diaper bag but it had all those neat pockets etc. inside as well as a change pad.
The sucks that the hospital only provides 6 diapers! Both hospitals I delivered at kept restocking the cart in my room and when we were discharged we took all the diapers, wipes, blue pads, etc. b/c a nurse friend said they have to throw anything out that has already been put in a patient's room.
oh if there are any leftover supplies that we can scoop...we will be! every little bit helps eh!?
Post a Comment