Anyhow, she had mentioned that she had some gifts from her and her family, as well as her bassinet that she used for her son...and given that this all might be happening sooner than we all think, wanted to meet me to drop it off.
You see, we've known each other since we were 9...do the math. 19 years of friendship. I call her parents mom and Dad...she calls mine the same. Her sisters are like my sisters, and I've really grown to appreciate them all as a big part of my family, and they all hold a very special place in my heart. They've all been there through the most horrible times, and have helped me celebrate in the best ones too. Truly, they are a part of my family.
Wow! I am absolutely blown away and incredibly thankful for what my 2nd family did. Inside the bassinet that we're borrowing from Godmomma were three large, lovely, chocolate brown storage baskets full of goodies! Wipes, diapers, tag-alongs, health and safety kit, bottle nipples, bath time stuff, car caddy (already in the care and loving it!), bottle brushes, spoons, freezer portion container for homemade baby food, car roller shade...honestly the most useful and thoughtful stuff ever!
At the bottom of each of the baskets was a blanket...the cutest, softest blankets. I sent a text to Godmomma to find out where she found them...and her response just about sent me into tears. Her mom, MommaJo, handmade them all. How incredibly thoughtful!! We absolutely love them!
Baseballs for C, cupcakes for me, and a soft and snugly green fleece one fit for a playpen!
I love my second family, and can't wait for them to meet Bug!
1 comment:
Sooooooooo nice!
Post a Comment