And update would mean that there was something to tell, and unfortunately...I have nothing.
Nada. Squat. Zilch. Zip.
We had our 37wk appointment this afternoon, and after being reassured that we would have an internal today due to the contractions and back pain that I've been experiencing for...oh...the past 2 weeks, we got NOTHING.
So here's the lame-o rundown.
Weight gain/loss - +1lb since our last appointment
Blood pressure - 129/78
Fetal heartrate - 126bpm
And...that's all she wrote. Dr. Leslie said that Dr. Jordan wouldn't be doing an internal until 38wks, so I guess we hold out (and on) for another week, kick counting and keeping track of contractions and pains.
She did the Group B Strep swabs today, so we should get those results next week at our 38wk appointment.
It was interesting when I booked the appointment for next week...the lovely Linda at the front desk asked how far along we would be next week, and I said "37/38 weeks because of a floating due date" and she indicated that Dr. Jordan would need to be included on that appointment for an internal exam and that she would book it for just a little bit longer than what Dr. Leslie wrote on the card. THANK GOD!
Can I have a glass of wine now?
3 comments:
Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. One more week hun. You can make it.
I HAVE to make it...one week - that's all...no biggie!
One day at a time - and maybe Bug has other plans. I think the internal would have been anti-climactic for you anyway ... your doc would check, confirm that your body is in prelabour and starting to dilate & efface and then tell you s/he'll see you in a week :P
Post a Comment