They say that your dreams are crazy insane when you're pregnant. Who "they" are, I will never know, but it certainly doesn't help that I had an overactive imagination prior to getting pregnant.
These dreams are just crazy!
The most frequent involves C...and his lack of want to be a Dad (which as you all know...is completely not the case - something I am incredibly thankful for) or his want to leave me behind. I guess you could tally it all up to my own insecurities becoming a new mom, not knowing what to do (where's that manual that these kids are supposed to come with???), how my body will look after this baby and all that comes with it is removed...
There have been many a morning where I wake up all pouty and needy, or angry as a mad-hatter, and C has to suffer the consequences, and although it hasn't happened in quite some time, this morning was no different.
After being startled awake by his alarm at 7:20am, I realized that I was having the most ridiculous dream wherein C was off gallivanting and drinking at this rather large party and apparently took a liking to some blonde. Ahh! In all of my 9 months pregnant glory in the dream, I tried to call him...only to get his voicemail that stated very matter-of-factly that he was not interested in raising a child.
Shock and panic ran through my veins, especially since I couldn't hear the shower or see a light on in the bathroom. Where was he?!
I must have pressed the snooze button and fell back into the dream, as the voicemail seemed to go on forever. I woke up to C running out of the bathroom, shaving cream all over his lovely face saying "sorry honey!! I thought I turned my alarm off!!!"
Talk about a sigh of relief! He didn't leave! (was I really expecting him to...?)
I told him about my dream, he gave me a hug and he reassured me that he wasn't going anywhere...he doesn't even like blondes! Gee, C...thanks for the support!
No comments:
Post a Comment