Thursday, June 3, 2010

To Induce or Not To Induce...

That shall be the question tomorrow at our doctor's appointment.

After a full week of contractions, some severe enough for tears and others more up in the Braxton Hicks range, I woke up this morning with a very odd feeling...one that hasn't been there before. It literally felt like someone had spent the night punching and kicking my belly. Yes, I know that there's a baby in there who likely was doing the damage, however this felt different than baby-kicks.

Everything is tight and sore...his movements are slow and not super strong...I just feel funny overall.

And yet, in the back of my mind all I can think is "why would today be any different than the rest?!"

I feel so defeated at this point.

Tomorrow afternoon we have our weekly appointment with Dr. Leslie and Dr. Jordan, and I will be asking about an induction date as well as a stretch&sweep. In fact, I don't think that I will leave without one or both of those issues being tackled.

Until then....here is my overly tired....overly pregnant...picture for this week. Perhaps our last one, but...since I feel like this is going to go on forever...it's probably just another one for the book.



I never thought I would be one of those girls that asks about induction, or reads up on the process of it to prepare themselves for the inevitable. I guess there's only so much one person can handle.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I always asked about an induction date b/c I wanted to know the last possible day that I might be pregnant (just to mentally prepare b/c the EDD is hardly ever the day you deliver on). I hope your docs take your physical and mental experiences over the past few weeks into account and don't just look at a calendar when they decide when they'd induce. I'm still praying that your water will break and this show will officially get started!

Shan said...

I've had a little bit of fluid leakage today, with some very strong and irregular contractions...and a moment of "oh god he's coming out!"
then...they ebbed off...and have been dull and irregular since about 3pm. I can't do this anymore

Sara said...

You can do this! You are doing this! When I was in labour with Ella my mantra was "I can do this" b/c I knew as soon as I started thinking otherwise I was sunk. If you seriously had fluid leakage then you can go to L&D and get tested to see if it's amniotic fluid (a stick turns a different colour or something like that). Very small leaks can actually be plugged by Bug and you will continue to produce amniotic fluid so he won't run out of it if it's only a small leak. Still ... it's an excuse to go to L&D and perhaps get things going (like Kelly did when she was 'done').

jenni from the blog said...

You look adorable hun!!! There's nothing wrong about asking your doc at what point they would want to induce... it really helps you mentally prepare for the last possible day your culd be pregnant!

I was induced with both Carter and Brynn and let me tell ya... it was so much easier then the torture that I went through wondering if I was in labor for WEEKS. Ugh. And, to no avail, I made it to my induction anyway. But, again, that really helped me because I knew that May 24th was IT for me.

Keep your head up mama... you'll be holding your little boy in NO time!

xo