Here are the specs!
Height - 21"...he's grown a whole 1/2" in the past week! Definitely gets that from his Dad's side of the family...all of the Szem's are super tall!
Weight - 8lbs1oz! We're back up to birth weight, which is amazing at only a week old! Apparently, babies aren't supposed to be back up to their birth weight until about 2weeks!
Head circumference - 36cm...that seems extraordinarily large to me!
We had a tonne of questions, and I think our doctor got a little giggle out of it we think.
When should we start tummy time?
Clearly not until he can support his head a little better...duh! What a silly question! I think we ust want to get the playmat out and play with him on the floor haha
Umbilical Cord Care?
We let it fall off, but is there anything we're supposed to do now? We've heard such conflicting things. Old school "clean with rubbing alcohol" and new school "leave it alone." We're leaving it alone.
Circumcision Care?
The site looks good, but do we need to continue with the Vaseline at every changing? Only for a day or two, and then he's good to go! It healed very fast! This kid must have his Dad's healing abilities!
He's hard to wake up throughout the day, wants to sleep all night, and is geting hard to wake up for feedings at night as well. What do we do?!
Nothing! Let him sleep! Since he's already back up to his birth weight, we've officially been given clearance from our doctor to let him sleep as long as he possibly wants to throughout the night. Last night...that meant a full 5 hours! Even though I got up at 2:30am to pump, it was still good for Owen and Daddy to get lots of sleep! We're to let him only sleep for a few hours at a time during the day, wake him every 3-4 if we have to for feedings, but if we let him sleep most of the night, he should be alert during the day. Well....he is! Bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!
Hiccups and gas - this kid toots up a storm and hiccups about 4 times a day!
Since we're pumping and bottle feeding exclusively, he's taking in extra air...which is causing his tummy and diaphragm to expand. He's fine, no gripe water needed and it will pass in time.
Bathing - how often should we do this? Are we okay to sponge bath, or should we be getting him in his little tub?
Dr. Leslie answered this one...only every few days for a full sponge or tub bath...either are fine when he's so little and not crawling around getting super dirty. Other than that, wipe down his face, hands and bum everyday with a wet cloth.
The only other thing we discussed was my weight. Since I lost so much during the pregnancy with all of the morning sickness, I wasn't quite sure what that dreaded number on the scale would be.
Well! Let me tell you!! I've lost 11lbs in having Owen! Apparently, the weight comes off in thirds and it's the last third that is the hardest to lose.
1/3 baby
1/3 fluid
1/3 post-baby (aka...all of the hot fudge sundaes and slushies and NERDS I indulged in)
I definitely haven't lost the fluid weight yet, my feet could tell you that, but I found it really exciting, and incredibly encouraging, to know that even with boobs the size of the Rockies and heavy like 30lb weights, I am down 11lbs. on the scale and weigh 2lbs less than when C and I got married nearly 2 years ago. Thank you Owen, mommy loves her new figure (and flat tummy!!).
Here we are!
Oh my favourite jeans...so saggy in the tush! I have a lack-there-of for the very first time in my life!
4 comments:
You look great! Thanks for posting all of your questions/answers. Very helpful!
Gorgeous mommy and gorgeous baby!
Congrats!!!! Love him!! Looking great momma!
awh thanks ladies!! could have used some coverup on my 17year old chin but thats ok lol
Post a Comment