Today's going to be a short post...I'm running on very little sleep, and trying to find that balance between wife, mom and woman is proving to be too much for me this week. I am mentally and emotionally drained, and sleep deprivation isn't helping.
It's alot to wrap your head around...this taking care of a newborn thing. I literally feel like I've been awake for the past....3 weeks straight, and while we have a long list of family and friends who would love nothing more than for us to call them and ask them to babysit, he's still so little that I don't feel comfortable passing him off...not even for a short time.
Anyhow...that's not what I was going to write about today. I was going to show before and after pictures of my new 'do.
It's way shorter than I anticipated, but I LOVE it.
BEFORE....
So scraggly looking...and that red isn't exactly red anymore! Where are my bangs?!
AFTER......
Owen wasn't so sure about the change, and it was really funny to see his reaction after April was all finished curling my hair and making me feel like a goddess. He was sort of...wide eyed. It was really cute.
Oh! And here's the 3 week post-pregnancy body. I'm not going to post these pictures a whole lot, but I'm really proud of how much weight I've lost and been able to keep off. I do want to get a bella band or something of the sort to tighten things up, but all in all, I am very happy!
I can't wait for the heat and humidity to ebb off a little, and to have official clearance from the doctor to get out and walking on a daily basis, and do yoga as well! Gotta get some lean muscle and cardio in before this little boy has me chasing after him and I can't keep up!



7 comments:
Looking great momma!!!
Your hair looks great!!! You should take your family and friends up on their offers if only for a couple of hours to get some much needed rest;)
Looks great! I agree about the sleep...and what's worse-remember the old days where you slept badly but was like-oh, i can sleep in Saturday and make up for it...nope-we can't make it up! The sleeplessness continues on like a broken record (can you tell i was up with Collin all night?)!
lol and it's so funny - in the first few days taht we brought him home and he slept for 3-4 hours at a time we were like "Score! this isn't so bad! I can't run on 3-4 hour sleeping increments."
WRONG! You absolutely cannot! Well...I can't! Not while Im up pumping (like now at 4:30-5am), C takes care of Owen's feeding and changings, but my mind is constantly racing.
It's only been 3 weeks...there's bound to be a routine established soon...right??
I'm still waiting for something of a routine at 7 weeks today...
If your lucky...by six weeks you'll have a routine. But that doesn't always work out...I had two and one of them fell into a routine by six weeks and the other...well he still doesn't have a great routine. Just look on the bright side...you'll be able to sleep in again in about ten years;)
You can start sleep training at 4 months ;) The BEST book is 'Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child' by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. Buy it now and read it before you need it. We didn't discover it until A was 9 months old and still nursing every 2 hours around the clock. That book is the reason we have 2 fabulous sleepers (since the age of 1 they've both gone to bed at 7 p.m. and gotten up at 7 a.m. and, when they were younger, had 2+ hour naps every afternoon). I can't say enough about that book & how it helps you get on a nap & bedtime routine.
Post a Comment