Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby Gear Review #4 - Splish Splash!

Bathtime!! It’s quickly becoming one of my favourite times with Owen, and I can’t wait until he can sit up on his own, splash and play in the tub with some toys. How much fun will that be!?
We started with a regular ‘ol baby tub in the bottom of our guest bathtub, borrowed from GodMomma, but quickly found that he’s too squirmy and wiggly...and that we have a hard time manoeuvring around one another. So...we’ve moved onto...
Puj Tub
We got this as a gift at one of my baby showers. Looking at it, I was a little sceptical. However! It’s awesome! The first time we used it, I couldn’t figure out why the water was draining all of the time. Well, totally user error – I had it angled wrong and the drain hole was below the water line. Once we fixed that issue, Owen was a happy (and warm) camper. The tub sort of snaps into itself, then bends to fit the shape of the bathroom sink. It’s made out of a foamy material, so it cradles the baby and sort of forms to their body. It also helps to not have a second pair of hands in the way, and since he’s so secure, I’m getting more confident in bathing him without help. The only downside is if you have a smaller bathroom sink, the faucet will get in the way.


He likes it, I swear!

Piccolo Washcloths
You’d think a washcloth is a washcloth, right? Well...we have about 50 of them and these ones are by far the softest ones that we have. I’ve found that ones that have patterns or characters on them are rather scratchy, and since a baby’s skin is so sensitive...I use those a spitup wipes more than anything else. But the Piccolo washcloths are super soft, patterned or not!


Johnson & Johnson’s Bedtime Bath Products
I love these products! The lavender and vanilla scent is awesome, and Owen seems to sleep alot better after a bath with these products specifically. We put a bit of the head-to-toe wash stuff in the Puj Tub to make some bubbles, use the shampoo for his lovely locks, and then lotion him all up with the lotion before getting him into his sleepsac. Absolutely I would try other products, preferably of the organic sort, but for now...this is what we like! If you have any recommendations for bath products that you absolutely love, please leave them in the comments!



Duck Towel
This was a gift from Sue and Larry in Florida. It’s soft, huge and cuddly, and I think probably Owen’s favourite part of bathtime – when it’s over! C scoops him up to put him into the towel, and the dries him off while I clean up the mess that we’ve made in the bathroom. The hood keeps his head warm, and it’s big enough to wraps around him a bunch so that he stays snugly.
Like I said, I can’t wait until he’s older and can sit in the bigger tub, splash around and play with bath toys. That’ll be fun. Wet and messy, but fun!



What's in store for tomorrow? Well! It's our Wishlist - a few things that we either still need to get, wish we had already, or items that are just dream worthy!

No comments: