Happy Wednesday! Ready to discuss feeding? We are!
Nuk Orothodonic Bottles
These bottles were great in the beginning as they have a wider nipple base. So when we were back and forth from breast to bottle, there wasn’t much confusion. C really likes these bottles since they’re a little wider and he finds them more comfortable to feed Owen with. However...they only fit 5oz. and now that Owen is growing...he’s up to about 5-6+oz with every feed. They’re cheap though! $15 for 3 bottles at Walmart! Don’t mind if I do...

Playtex Ventaire
I LOVE these bottles! Since we started using them and have found a formula that we like, Owen hasn’t been spitting up nearly as much. We have three of the 6oz bottles with slow flow nipples, and 2 of the 9oz bottles with fast flow nipples. We use the fast flow nipples in the afternoon when he’s the most awake, and the slow flow’s over night or in the evening when he’s sleeping part way through his feeding...well until we burp him! Then he gets right angry with us and wants his bottle back immediately! These bottles are great, about $6 each, so compared to the competition...they’re cheap and effective!

Similac Advance Formula
We started with this formula, in the pre-made form, when we were in the hospital and needed to get Owen’s blood sugars into an acceptable range, so...we kept using it when we were at home. Holy expensive! And holy constipation! The cans of the pre-made formula are about $20 for 12 cans. When we were using them, each can lasted 3 feedings...but now that he’s up to 6+, they don’t last very long! We also noticed that we were only changing poopy diapers once every 3-4 days...not so good for a little one! So...we probably wouldn’t recommend this one.

Enfamil Gentlease
We started Owen on this formula about 2 weeks ago and have noticed a significant improvement in his spitups and diapers! We’re buying the powder now, about $28 per can, and it lasts us a week currently. Nana suggested that we take a trip to Costco to see if there’s a price difference...so we will be doing that sometime in the next couple of weeks since Owen is just going to keep eating more and more. Well...until he’s on “solids” (aka Mommy’s Pureed Yummy Food)

Not a whole lot to review in the feeding section of our lives, but tomorrow we’re onto bathtime!



6 comments:
So glad the formula dispensers worked for you! I believe Munchkins goes up to 8 oz in each section if Owen starts to eat more...My Collin, who is a month older, just barely gets through 5 oz-lol! We use BJ's (like Costco's) Forumla-20 bucks for a whole container-so for half the price, we get twice as much then enfamil! Woo! We also have to use a tablespoon of kayro syrup in each bottle to keep things "moving" in our little prince. Works like a charm! For us, it was between the ventaire and the drop ins-we chose the playtex dropins because of shear laziness-ha! So easy to clean ;)
Keep the reviews coming!
Thanks for your reviews. I am hoping to do some reviews soon too. :O)
Gosh, if he eats more than 7oz at a time, we're going to be eaten out of house and home! only 2-3 hours months and we'll be able to start experimenting with DIY Baby Food! SO excited for that!
Yup, LOVE the formula dispenser! And yes, the Munchkin ones do go up to 8 oz :)
I don't know if these will work in Canada, but on www.coupons.com there is a $5 coupon for Enfamil Gentlease/AR/Prosobee.
Also, supposedly if you sign up on the Enfamil website for the "Family Beginnings" program or somethingorother, you will get deals and coupons and such. I didn't get anything from them, but maybe you'll have better luck! I'm convinced that if you tell them you are BFing that they will send you samples, because I said I was FFing, and all my friends who are BFers get free stuff from them when they signed up at Motherhood Maternity. Jerks :)
We loved the Playtex VentAire bottles. The little ones seemed to get less gas when we used them over the bag insert ones. The only drawback was that they had to be completely taken apart each time we washed them and the seals eventually went on them. I can't tell you how many times the vent in the bottom got lost in the dishwasher. You definitely should invest in a special rack for the top of the dishwasher if your going to use these bottles on a daily basis;)
lol Shizz- you crack me up! I will definitely be looking into rewards, I've recently become obsessed with Pampers Gifts to Grow!! Samples are always welcome, but you guys down south seem to get way more of them than we do up here! :(
Tracy - we hand wash everything...I would LOVE to toss 'em in the dishwasher...but someone (*cough cough* C) is a little anal about how clean everything is!
Post a Comment