As promised (via facebook), here is my Baby Gear Review of some of the things that we use in and around the house...be it good or bad. There are so many things that I want to discuss that I’m going to have to dedicate the entire week to reviews and do them little by little, including ending the week with a little wish list of things that we still need to get.
Maxi Cosi Carseat
To be honest...it’s a carseat. It does its job of keeping Owen snug and safe for a stroller or car ride, and provided a safe place for him to sleep for the first 6 weeks when he refused the bassinet. *note to all: no his bones won’t be crooked because he slept in his carseat!* It’s very lightweight and has a great system for keeping the straps tight, so that he is extra safe. I love the brown and turquoise (shocker...since that is Owen’s entire nursery). The only thing that I wish it had was a sunshade that came over the front a wee bit more, since we spent alot of time outside.
To be honest...it’s a carseat. It does its job of keeping Owen snug and safe for a stroller or car ride, and provided a safe place for him to sleep for the first 6 weeks when he refused the bassinet. *note to all: no his bones won’t be crooked because he slept in his carseat!* It’s very lightweight and has a great system for keeping the straps tight, so that he is extra safe. I love the brown and turquoise (shocker...since that is Owen’s entire nursery). The only thing that I wish it had was a sunshade that came over the front a wee bit more, since we spent alot of time outside.

Quinny Buzz Stroller
LOVE! This is one of my favourite baby items that we have. It handles like a dream! I can turn it with one hand...no joke! It’s super lightweight, and it comes with a handy travel bag that is small enough for the overhead bin on an airplane! The only problem that I have with it is the lack of cupholders! Since we’re going for walks more and more, and Mommy’s trying to get fit to keep up with Owen, it’d be nice to have somewhere for a water bottle! And there isn’t a kiddo-tray for when he’s older and will have cereal and toys...I must investigate attachments.
LOVE! This is one of my favourite baby items that we have. It handles like a dream! I can turn it with one hand...no joke! It’s super lightweight, and it comes with a handy travel bag that is small enough for the overhead bin on an airplane! The only problem that I have with it is the lack of cupholders! Since we’re going for walks more and more, and Mommy’s trying to get fit to keep up with Owen, it’d be nice to have somewhere for a water bottle! And there isn’t a kiddo-tray for when he’s older and will have cereal and toys...I must investigate attachments.


Monkey Gym
Owen hated this the first time that he used it. I think it was too soon (about 2-3wks old) for him and he got more scared of all of the little animals hanging above him. Now though, he kicks, pivots, squirms and talks to the animals. It’s great for tummy time as well as it comes with it’s own Boppy-like pillow...which has been sucked on by a teething little boy a few times in the past week or so. It’s collapsible, so it will be great for travelling, has a little pocket to hide toys and a mirror that plays music and has some lights on it (we haven’t used that part yet though)
Owen hated this the first time that he used it. I think it was too soon (about 2-3wks old) for him and he got more scared of all of the little animals hanging above him. Now though, he kicks, pivots, squirms and talks to the animals. It’s great for tummy time as well as it comes with it’s own Boppy-like pillow...which has been sucked on by a teething little boy a few times in the past week or so. It’s collapsible, so it will be great for travelling, has a little pocket to hide toys and a mirror that plays music and has some lights on it (we haven’t used that part yet though)

Bumble Bouncer
Again, we used this too soon and he absolutely hated it the first few times. Now that he kicks and squirms and can make it bounce on its own, he seems to enjoy it much more. It doesn’t take long for him to find the bugs that hang overhead, and he seems to enjoy the vibration and womb sounds. He’s getting so big though that it’s almost too small for him. If you’re looking for a bouncer chair that looks nice, is soft and cuddly, but that you’re not shelling out a tonne of cash for, we really like this one!
Again, we used this too soon and he absolutely hated it the first few times. Now that he kicks and squirms and can make it bounce on its own, he seems to enjoy it much more. It doesn’t take long for him to find the bugs that hang overhead, and he seems to enjoy the vibration and womb sounds. He’s getting so big though that it’s almost too small for him. If you’re looking for a bouncer chair that looks nice, is soft and cuddly, but that you’re not shelling out a tonne of cash for, we really like this one!

Cloud B Sleep Sheep
By far, my most favourite thing. I’ve gotten it for MommaT, who is expecting her second kiddo (affectionately nicknamed Squid) in December, and have recommended it to many an online-mommy friend of mine. Owen absolutely LOVES it, and it’s given us many peaceful nights as he falls asleep within seconds of it being on. He likes the ocean waves and bubbling brook the best, and we find the whale sounds to be a little...odd...being that they’re coming from a sheep and all! It is fantastic! We have the travel size version, and literally...it goes with us everywhere. To softball, the doctor...road trips and even just over to Nana and Papi’s house if we’re going to be there for a while. In a word, it’s a life (and sanity) saver!
By far, my most favourite thing. I’ve gotten it for MommaT, who is expecting her second kiddo (affectionately nicknamed Squid) in December, and have recommended it to many an online-mommy friend of mine. Owen absolutely LOVES it, and it’s given us many peaceful nights as he falls asleep within seconds of it being on. He likes the ocean waves and bubbling brook the best, and we find the whale sounds to be a little...odd...being that they’re coming from a sheep and all! It is fantastic! We have the travel size version, and literally...it goes with us everywhere. To softball, the doctor...road trips and even just over to Nana and Papi’s house if we’re going to be there for a while. In a word, it’s a life (and sanity) saver!

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post as I review our diaper bag, and all things that go in it...including the diapers we love (and hate), wipes, soothers and other little gadgets!
3 comments:
I'm obsessed with pacis (soothers), can't wait to see which ones you guys like!
http://www.amazon.com/Childress-Cargo-Stroller-Organizer-Black/dp/B000X2HC9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1281970680&sr=8-1
JL Childress Cups 'N Cargo Stroller Organizer
I was looking at the above thing for our future umbrella stroller....maybe something like this will help?
I definitely have my faves in baby gear (rock and play! wubanub!) but love seeing others!
JL Childress Cups 'N Cargo Stroller Organizer
haha Shizz! I have a few to review tomorrow!!! He has two faves, and then a few others that we use in a pinch, but I think you will like the ones in tomorrow's post!
Erin - interesting product! Thanks for the recommendation!
Post a Comment