Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Tuesday?

Right until midnight, as my Dad would say.

This week is already flying by, and I could have sworn that it was Monday today. But, no no...it's Tuesday, and that means getting my booty over to the gym to get it kicked by my trainer.

Today's routine consisted of...

5 minute cardio warm up

3 sets of:
- 40ft. (20 there...20 back) walking lunges
- 5 sprints up (and back down) a set of stairs
- 10 burpies

break

3 sets of:
- 10 ump squats
- 20 lying leg lifts
- 20 plank knee taps

End with 20 minutes of cardio

Wow...CRAZY! The legs are definitely a little like jell-o right now!

We had some really nice visits with Grandma Dale this week, and she got a good snuggle in today while I ran out to get some groceries and Owen wanted to nap for a while. Perfect timing! He was asleep when I left, and asleep when I got home!

Tomorrow is seeming to be more and more daunting. It's my first event for the moms group that I created in my area, and while it's an informal meet&greet, I still want it to go well. I've got the cupcakes, brownies, truffles and punch all done, and my friend P is bringing some ridiculously yummy cookies that taste like mint Girl Guide cookies, and a spinach dip that I have heard nothing but good things about.

The signs been painted, the survey sheets printed and the sticky name tags organized with markers to boot.

Fingers crossed it goes well!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Goodluck with the mom's group. I wish I still lived in London so I could join!

Shan said...

hey!!
you're welcome to come along - I have one other mommy from the Toronto area so there's no worries there (Synchrosally)
look us up on Facebook - mommas with tots london