Friday, September 10, 2010

Progress Report!

Today I was going to blog this ridiculously cute video that I took yesterday morning while Owen and I were playing peek-a-boo, but...it seems that something wonky is going on with my camera's memory card. I'll hopefully get that fixed and show off my Monster soon :)

In other news, I had training session #3 last night...and did it ALL! I was incredibly proud of myself because Todd doesn't really like the word "no"...therefore I just keep saying "yes!" when he asks if I can do it, or have anymore in me.

Our routine last night:

5 minute treadmill warmup, 15incline, 3 speed (4.6 yesterday almost made me fall off!)

4 sets of:

- 10 squats with 12.5lbs weights in each hand
- 10 burpies
- 2 minutes on the rowing machine, keeping the speed above 30

20 minutes on the treadmill for cardio at the end

First and foremost, let me just say that burpies are the single hardest exercise I've ever done in my life. The up and down really messes with your balance and blood pressure, and it took me a while to get through them (my resting bp is 90/50 and I have vasovagal syncope...so Todd and I had to have a little chat last night...)

Secondly...I almost burst out in tears last night from sheer exhaustion. I know that this routine and going to the trainer is worth it...but damn am I tired!

However, at the end of it all he rewarded me with a high-five (about the 6th one for the day...he's all about the high-five) and...a weigh in!

Lbs lost: 7
Inches gone: 10.5

Who knew I would actually be excited for a weigh in!? That means I have lost 7lbs in one week. ONE! Craziness! And I was kind of shocked when he did the measurements. I've lost 3" on both my abdomen and waist (individually, not combined!), 2.5" from my hips/booty, .5" from each thigh, and .5" from each bicep...all the while building lean muscle.

Today, I've walked 10km and am not in near as much pain as I was last week at this time. Well...until I went to bend to pick something up. Oi! I pulled something back by my booty and hamstring...it does not feel good.


Me...12wks post-delivery

3 comments:

sarah said...

I dont know really what you looked like pre-pregnancy, but you look great. those numbers for one week is AWESOME!! Keep up the good but hard work!

Shan said...

hmmm I should post a pregnancy picture!

Cat said...

You look GREAT! Congrats on the hard work!!