Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Training Session #2 and Baby Development #1

Last night marked training session #2 with Todd, and I went in with a little hesitation. I totally bailed on him last thursday when I couldn't even lift Owen to feed him (thank goodness Nan is only 3 minutes away and took care of Owen for me for the afternoon so I could soak my weary body and rest for a while)...and I definitely thought he was going to kick my booty for bailing on him.

Well...he did, but it felt awesome! Our routine last night consisted of:

- 5 minute warm up on the treadmill, 15 incline, 4.6 speed

4 sets of:
- 20 squats/stepups (squat, stepup onto a 2.5ft bench, step down, repeat)
- 10 pushups
- 20 lunges

rest for 2 minutes

4 sets of:
- 10 pullups (like a reverse pushup)
- 10 chinups
- 2, 30sec. planks

End with 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, 9 incline 4.6 speed until my legs felt like jello and I went down to 3 speed and 4 incline so I didn't fall on the floor.

Yes, he kicked my booty and that is the exact spot in my body that I'm feeling the burn today.

But it's good! I took preventative measures last night - epsom salt soak for about 30minutes or so, RubA535 on my quads, traps and butt, and 2 advil. It definitely helped as I can move and lift Owen today with no problem...even though my legs are a little bit stiff.

We had our first visit today with Sue, the home care visitor who travels around our city to show new parents how to stimulate their kiddos and understand brain development at the different stages of the first 6 months of their lives. She'll bring DVD's with her for Owen, we'll get on the floor and play with his toys and figure out what works best for him in terms of stimulation and brain development. She said that it looks like we've got all the right toys and gear, and that she'll also focus on keeping our house safe (cords, outlets etc.) for when he starts really moving and shaking.

It was kind of nice, and she'll be coming once a week on fridays at 9:30am for the next 8 weeks. Then, she and Gaetane (my health nurse/lactation consultant) will be coming for the 9th week to debrief and get my feedback about the program.

Oh! and he was weighed today!! Chunker, I think not!

13lbs13oz

Lean, mean, pooping machine!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aww, he is not a chunker! Ethan weighed 14lbs 4oz on August 20th and was 24in long then. I don't know what he is at now, but I'm sure it is at least 15lbs and 25 inches. It is not always related to how much/often they eat either. He sleeps about 8-9 hours a night, & still only eats 4-5oz at a time. My husband is 6'3" and he was a big baby as well. I truly believe that Ethan just takes after his daddy & uncles as they were all big babies, and now tall, lean men.

Owen sounds perfect!! If you want to see a "chunker", head over to my blog and look at pictures of Ethan :)

www.ckj315.blogspot.com

Shan said...

lol thanks Katie - and thansk for your blog link, I will start following shortly!

They're already estimating Owen to be over 6', which is crazy to us! C is just barely 6' and I'm a little 5'2" shrimp. Owen's long and lean, but looks HUGE for 3 months.