Wow...this week has about done us in and no three words can describe how we're feeling.
Tired.
Exhausted.
Drained.
Pooped.
A few things have happened to make us feel his way...
Owen is sick. The poor little guy has a cold and was the snottiest kiddo I'd ever laid eyes on at the beginning of the week. Coupled with his teething woes, it made for some very long nights...most of which resulted in Owen sleeping with us in bed.
The gym. Oh...the gym. I had two early morning workouts with my trainer this week, and for a while now (as you've all read about in the past few months) I have been getting a sense of "you're not good enough" from my trainer. Well...we had words and he's no longer my trainer...which was my decision. I stood up for myself, and while I won't go into the nitty-gritty...there will be a letter sent to his superior and to the owner of the gym because no one should ever have to sit through and be talked down to the way that I was on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday night, Owen and I were off to my hometown to go to a cardmaking/scrapbooking party with Godmomma...WHO's GETTING MARRIED!!! Before the party, we went for pedicures and I had a chance to relax as her kiddo, T, tried to babysit Owen (T is 7...so A for effort! He loves Owen!) We were looking for invitation layouts for her wedding, I was getting insane ideas for Sweet Stella's, and having a blast being crafty.
Wednesday, we laid low. Tuesday night was really really rough with Owen, so I went out for cold remedies (which I will write about next week, because we found some really awesome ones that have helped him feel SO much better, and even sleep through the night again!) and got to work on some Sweet Stella projects while Owen napped on my lap for the afternoon. He's such a snugglebug when he's sick!
Wednesday afternoon we had a choking incident. It was incredibly scary and something that I wish on no mother. Owen has an issue with taking oral medicine. He seems to absolutely detest the taste, and will actually let it pool in the back on his throat...and then choke like no tomorrow (I mean, eyes bugged out and spewing from everywhere while struggling to breathe and looking terrified). We had had a choking incident like this last week (Thursday) but this was different. I had to perform Infant CPR/Heimlich...and thank my lucky stars that he has some mighty strong angels looking out for him.
Thursday was another sort of crazy day...and all wedding! We went bridesmaid dress shopping and I think we found the one! VERY exciting, and it's gorgeous! The only downside is the price, so my task for early next week is to call around to the other bridal stores in the area to see what the price difference is from shop to shop.
Today has been crazy as well! Thankfully, Owen slept through the night (soother at 4 and 5:30am, then slept until 9:40!). We went to a naturopathic talk at the new mama-baby wellness centre, Life with Baby, for noon and stayed until about 4:00pm. They run a happy hour every Friday afternoon, with free childcare, to give the mom's a chance to unwind and relax after a busy week with veggies and organic teas. It's such a lovely place, and I will blog about it next week as well!! We're there, at minimum, twice a week and I'm going to be volunteering and hopefully (fingers crossed) running some art therapy workshops there in the future!
At 4ish, Owen and I walked a few blocks to pick up C at work, and visit the ladies in the office for a little while. Then, we were off to a restaurant to have dinner with my friend, her hubby and kiddo...and then we were off to the Lighting of the Lights at the park, which we missed by a few minutes. Awh well...good intentions right?
We capped off the night with some cider back at Life with Baby, and then headed home to work on Sweet Stella Christmas orders with C and Owen watched the hockey game.
Are you tired yet?
Exhausted?
Drained?
Pooped?
I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment