Last night, I ground about 2 or so cups of brown rice in this...(1/3 cup at a time)

Ah-mazing!
The instructions from the Wholesome Baby Food site are to grind for 10seconds, pause...another 10seconds, pause...and then a final 10seconds. Super easy and takes such little time!
I was looking at the ingredients in the Gerber Rice cereal while we were at the grocery store today, and I was really surprised by everything listed. The added sugars...monodewhateveryouwanttocallit's....milk powders...Basically, red flags all over the place. And the price! Wowzah! $4.00CDN per box?! No thanks...I can take 30 seconds to grind my own!
*Shizz - I didn't get to check an organic one...it seems that our selection of commercial infant cereals is rather lacking here!*
What's even more awesome about making our own cereal is that one batch can be stored in the fridge for up to 72 hours, or can be frozen in cubes the same way that peas, carrots etc. can!
Now that the rice is ground, we'll be moving onto grinding oatmeal!! Super exciting...or I lead a really dull life!
Oh! And tonight I made sweet potatoes for Owen! 2 large sweet potatoes (and man those things are huge!) will yield about 45 cubes of baby food!
3 comments:
This is a great idea. I was trying to use my food processor to grind the oatmeal and it didn't work well enough. What kind is your grinder? I will need to buy one.
Do you have a health food store near by? There is one in Woodstock that might have the organic baby cereal. when are you starting to feed? We started this week with Ben and so far so good! Im excited to try squash soon
we have a few - i never thought to check there! Thanks for the recommendation!!
The spice/coffee grinder is the exact one pictures - by Toastess. I think that brand is available at Walmart!
We're going to start cereal this weekend I think...with lots of pictures to post next week! ;)
Post a Comment