Honestly, when it rains...it pours!
Today started off like any other day...
I woke up, got out of bed...dragged a comb across my head (okay, not really, but to any Beatles fans' out there, you know what I'm talking about)
Owen got up, all smiles and ready to start the day. We watched a little Handy Manny, had breakfast, continued our day with Johnny and the Sprites while playing on the floor with many a toy.
I tidied up the house a little, knowing that Grammy was coming for a visit, and started to fill the sink to wash bottles, and plunked Owen in his crib for a nap (which he hated every second of...it's hard to nap when you're cutting teeth!)
This is where the whole day went to hell.
I returned to the sink...oh...about an HOUR LATER when I went to make Owen's lunch...and found our kitchen in about an inch of water!
Shit shit shit!! (earmuffs!)
I called C in a panic, who tried very hard (bless his heart) to calm me down (to no avail, I might add...I was beyond help) and then proceeded to get every towel that we own to dry up the mess. I was worried about damage to the dishwasher and cupboards...and our Turkish rug.
Owen didn't seem to notice one bit that his lunch was 15 or so minutes late and was totally content to play on the floor. He ate like a champ...until it was time for his bottle at the end. His teeth are bothering him in fine fashion today...so he would not take one stitch of his 6oz bottle.
At this point, I said screw it, had a good cry from frustration and he played on the floor while I made some lunch for myself and stepped on sopping towels.
I looked over at Owen on the floor, and he was being incredibly cute...scootching forward on his little bum and trying to catch the sun on the floor. Adorable.
You'd think that would be the worst right?
Nope. After my lunch, I sat on the floor with Owen and gave him his bottle. He took it like a champ and I was a happy momma.
Then he projectile puked on my freshly clean jeans.
I stayed in my pj's for the rest of the afternoon.
C'est la vie!
4 comments:
Oh man...that deserves a HUGE glass of wine at the end of the day! Hope your house is ok from all the water!
lol seriously! Thankfully, I had a 3 hour coffee break with an amazing friend who got my creative mind back in check and am feeling MUCH better now!
Hmmm this is interesting.. Lucas was having a hard time with his bottles today. He'd drink 3 oz and then all hell broke loose. I thought it was gas so I tried to burp him and all the jazz, but now I am wondering if its his teeth? I think he also has pink eye. I just found out that one of my moms patients has it, so I am thinking my mom gave it to him. Poor bubby.
I hope your kitchen is ok and there is no major damage! xoxoxo
"found my way downstairs and had a cup, and looking up, I noticed I was late..." :o)
Post a Comment