Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some Updates

I am so sorry that we haven't been updating that much lately. Things are really hectic with me running Sweet Stella's and my Coordinator gig at Life With Baby is keeping me busy as well.

Not to mention that Owen is 8.5months old...rolling all over the place and trying to crawl.

I'm still training with Liz, my fabulous trainer, though my sessions are coming to a close and we'll hopefully be renewing in June so I can continue with her. I am very proud to say that I have lost 55lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, and am the slimmest I have been in my adult life.

C is working like a madman and chasing Owen around the floor when he's home from work.

Life is certainly busy.

As I mentioned, Owen is trying to crawl. He can get his knees up under himself, and will push himself backward, then get very frustrated that he isn't going in the direction he wanted to. He'll try and pull himself to stand if we're sitting on the floor with him, and he's getting really strong.

His favourite toys right now are tupperware containers and lids, and his favourite lovie is his Elephant, that we've named Ringo. He LOVES music and will stop whatever he is doing if there is music on the television or computer.

That's my boy!

3 comments:

Tracy Eyles said...

You should try the trick with the bathroom towel to help Owen crawl forward. Ethan used to get so frustrated and cry when he couldn't move forward until we tried the little trick. It worked like a charm until two weeks later when he realized it was easier to just get up and walk over;)

Shan said...

bathroom towel??? What trick? do tell!

Tracy Eyles said...

I just typed this straight out of the book I have:

Put your child in the crawling position. Wrap the towel under his tummy while he is on all fours and hold the towel ends in each of your hands. Now, suspend and slightly lift him with the towel. If you now move the towel slightly forward you are effectively forcing him to move his legs and arms to respond. At the same time he is not taking full weight on his arms since you are supporting him slightly with the towel.

It really does work! Good luck;)