Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mama Needs a New Bag

To all of you Mamas out there that are sick of boring old diaper bags...I need your help.

I need a change. While I love my Skip Hop Via Messenger bag, and think that it is practical and spacious and lovely....it's boring.

It's black with a silver interior. It has no real bells and whistles, though it does attach very nicely to both of our strollers.

But...it has no ruffles...and I LOVE ruffles!

So, Trendy Mamas, suggest your beautiful bags.

Here are the ones that I'm considering (and hinting at Owen to save his pennies for Mother's Day)


Timi and Leslie








Charlie II Convertible Diaper Bag in Tangerine






Marie Antoinette Diaper Bag in Silver




Marilyn II Diaper Bag in Raspberry


I LOVE THEM! I stumbled upon the Timi and Leslie bags on Amazon, and I am head over heels for them! (hint hint C...and Owen...) They are beautiful, and look just as spacious as my current bag...and they're more reminiscent of some of my beautiful purses that I am mourning the loss of...seeing as I carry my diaper bag everywhere, but never a purse unless C and I have a (rare) night out.

What bags do you love? Do you have one you want to replace? Do you have one currently that you just cannot do without? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I'm a Ju Ju Be lover...currently rocking the BFF and the Behave (which is like a mommy bag with diaper bag areas in it!)...and they're all machine washable, which kinda rocks!

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for this post! I have been feeling the same way!

Amanda said...

Shoot, sorry. I love love love the tangerine one!

Shan said...

ooohh...Erin! Good point on the machine washable! I'll have to look them up!

Mrs Dully - It's awesome eh?! SO pretty and funky and fresh!

Sara said...

Love the Marilyn II. Makes me think I should get a new purse, just have a tough time justifying the cost when it would be our entire monthly allocation for clothing!

Sara said...

Erin, thank you so much for the Ju Ju Be suggestion. I just checked them out and think there's a Be Spicy in my future! I'm currently using a Lands End tote to carry everything for my kids but it's getting old and doesn't wash well.

Tracy Eyles said...

I know that my diaper bag was less than fashionable. It was a run of the mill Graco and navy blue. It got me through my first two kids and is still in great condition. Big enough to hold all the baby's stuff as well as everything a toddler needs. It definitely was practical;. It also had a removable insert for easy cleaning. Sorry, I'm not too trendy and was pretty glad I had it given my little ones are only nineteen months apart.

Erin said...

Sara, no problem on the Ju Ju Be- I love their diaper bags! (And I have been eyeing the Be Spicy as well) I have the Be Prepared for overnights,the Between for my husband, the Minibe for walking outside, and my Mighty Be is currently my work bag....although, there might be another in my future, as I get ready to welcome our second son (2 under 1!)...yep, I love diaper bags (and a lot of those were gifts) and anything you can toss into the wash rocks!

Shan said...

Thank you SO much for the reviews and recommendations ladies (and for the emails for those of you who didn't comment here). I think I will be hinting HARD for a Timmi&Leslie...I can't get over the Tangerine bag. I'm in bag love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan! I'm a little late to the party, but we were fortunate enough to get a Coach diaper bag for Christmas from Gma & Gpa, and I LOVE it. It's on this page, and is the coated canvas baby bag: http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags_silhouettes_multieverything-10551-10051-5000000000000015032-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=5000000000000015032&tier=2&LOC=LN

It is pink and purple in color, so I'm not sure Owen would love it, but I think Mama sure would. :)