Monday, May 16, 2011

11 Months

11 Months

Owen is 11 months old today. In one month...he'll be a baby no more. He'll be 1.

He'll be a full blown toddler.

He'll probably be walking (he walks around objects now) and be talking (currently his vocabulary is Mama, Dada, Hi Daddy {selectively}, Yay, Baba and all of the other random ramblings)

He will eat cake for the first time (homemade from scratch, of course)

He will have a party, and probably be too excited to have a nap afterward.

All in just one month.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sure 100 other mothers will tell you the same thing but regardless of his age he will always be your baby. Every night, before I go to bed, I go into my kids room to turn their nightlights off & put their covers on and I spend a few minutes watching them sleep. Sometimes they wake up and ask for a snuggle, other times I just marvel at how their faces look exactly like they did when they were babies sleeping in my arms. As he grows and meets more milestones you will swell with pride but that feeling of him being your baby will never leave you.

Tracy Eyles said...

Diddo! I still love the smell of baby shampoo and always sneek one last snif before bed. Soon we'll have another new one in our house but Autumn is just as much my baby girl as Ethan is my baby boy. Can't wait to see how Owen's cake turns out!