Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stocking Stuffers!

I'm so incredibly proud that I've finished up Owen's stocking, and in time for Nana and Papi to take it (with Owen's luggage) with them when they drive to Florida in a few weeks.

Last year was all about sippy cups, spoons, little travel sized rattles and cups for snacks...small stuff. Bibs...wipes...essentials.

I knew that I wanted this year to be fun, but not at a hefty price tag.

Since I'm at Michael's about twice a week (the running joke in our home is that it should be called Shannon's), I always scout out the clearance and $1.50 bins.



Then, when we were at Walmart, we stopped at the $5 movie bin



And while I was getting some groceries, I went over to the kids section and found a little car for $0.99



Then, I had to swing by the party supply store for some mask forms and went down the party loot bag aisle...most of which were $0.25 or $0.50 each



And the clearance section at Old Navy can sometimes yield some really awesome deals, especially when they have an additional 30% off!



So...total on his stocking, which will be overflowing...

Old Navy: $2
Party supply store: $2
Michael's: $7.70
WalMart: $5
Grocery Store: $0.99

Grand Total: $17.69

The dollarstore was great last year, but generally, I found that it was all really basic stuff and that he wasn't super interested in it, or it broke after a couple of times that he'd play with it.

Colouring books, bubbles, crayons, little cars, a new movie, memo books for on the plane ride home, a fun new rubber duck for the bath...all stuff that he'll use and get excited about!

No comments: