Since we were in Florida when Owen turned 18months, we had to wait a few extra weeks for his (now) 19month appointment.
He did so well and I'm really proud of him! Passed all of the milestones and questions, and even did really well with the shot!
Height - 32"...inaccurate (explanation below)
Weight - 27.4lbs - 83%
Head - 19.2" - 63%
Now...his height is inaccurate because they had him stand sorta closeish to the wall...not right up against the chart, just sort of near it. The doctor said "about 80cm..." then we looked at Owen's September chart from his last appointment...79cm.
You mean to tell me that my child has grown 1cm in four months? Ya...ok.
I measured him the old fashioned way, lying down...head to heel...when we got home and he's 34". Much more accurate!
Now for the milestone stuffs..
Words: hi, bye, bye-bye, good-bye, mama, nana, w-come, bath, bum, k-ty, mag-be (Maggie...the cat..new word this morning!), vroom, yum, book, done, all done, i'm done, go, good, ba-fa (breakfast), cheese, yes, yay, uh oh, dad, hi dad, m-oe (me-ow), roar
Take directions like "can you bring mama your book?", "what does the bear say?" {answer is always a throaty ROOOOAARR!!}, "can you get the yellow/blue/red ball?"
Frigging love him!
Oh! and he started saying "hooo hooo!!" after going to the library this week and learning about trains! So cute!
4 comments:
I love your kid!
I feel like I haven't seen him in forever
Awh T!! It's been quite a while :( We can plan a date?
Thanks Shaun - i love him too ;)
Wow! He really has grown. My pediatrician started measuring my kids while standing at 18 months too. I asked why and they said it was a more accurate way of measuring the child because it allows the bones to settle, thus giving a more accurate height. That being said sometimes it can be off by as much as 3 inches which is a lot. Typically, a toddler only gains about 2-3 inches in their second year so your dr's measurement might have been more accurate. I only say that because each time the pedi measured my kids between 12 months and 3 years, I would come home and remeasure them lying down and there was almost always 1 1/2-2 inch difference. I have always taken the standing measurement to make sure they are the right height for safety issues...car seats, bicycles, etc...
Post a Comment