Friday, October 23, 2009

The Cat Is Slowly Coming Out Of The Bag

I am really not sure how much longer I will be able to keep Bug a secret, especially around the office. Not only is my belly starting to push out (maybe that's just bloat...) but since I've been really sick in the past three weeks, everyone is assuming that I'm pregnant.

I actually took the plunge and told my boss yesterday. I was really nervous, but knew that it was the right thing to do for a few reasons. First and foremost, he's a close family friend of C's parents and I didn't want him to find out through the grapevine. Also, if something were to go wrong, I would need time away to grieve and whatnot and him knowing now would definitely help in that process than having to explain everything later.

He was actually really excited and said that he sort of had me figured out based on how sick I had been (I typically don't take sick days). Then he said that he won the pool...as in the office pool. That made me really nervous! How many other people at the office have me figured out? Am I going to have to get some baggier clothes to try and hide the bump?

Since I'm a little bigger than your average gal, I have a feeling that I'm going to start showing alot sooner. Bug's GodMama only started showing with her son (now a bouncing 6 year old braniac!) at about 5 months. This morning, I tried to suck in my bump, but it wouldn't budge. Almost 8 weeks and it looks like I'm starting to get a belly. I definitely feel pregnant right now, and I'm starting to look that way which is exciting as well.

But how much longer will I be able to hide it?!

No comments: