Thursday, January 21, 2010

Presents from Mommy!

I think it's setting in...we're having a BOY! I guess after months and months of thinking that Bug was a girl, we were a little unprepared for the news of our son. It's setting in now, and we're both thrilled!

Last night, we went shopping at Babies R' Us to celebrate and checkout all of the new gear collections that are on the market for this season. There so much to choose from, and while we're keeping gear gender neutral (just in case we have any more kids...), looking for boys clothes and toys was alot of fun. From sneakers and socks to onesies and blankets, everything is just so handsome! There was a super cute golf themed section of clothing, which would be perfect for Bug when he goes golfing with Daddy!

Alas, C wouldn't allow me to buy anything other than a book so we settled on the New Treasury of Curious George.

Our next stop was Chapters, of course for books, but I wanted to check out their baby section for keepsakes and whatnot as well. Nothing to write home about, however I did look at the Robeez display. Everything was for girls! Oh well, "mental note to go on their website later" I thought. We ended up taking home the Mr. Men collection, Mortimer and Green Eggs and Ham.

I couldn't wait to get onto the Robeez site today to check out their boy selections. Oh my! The sales! The selections! Everything is just so cute, how could I not buy these


They saw "Rookie" on the right foot with the baseball and bat, and "League" on the left with a baseball glove!


Then, I stumbled across these and knew that our sons life would not be complete without them


And of course, with getting two pairs...the shipping was free! Mommy loves you Bug, and your feet are going to be super cute at all times!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Andrew was watching t.v. beside me when I opened your blog and his eyes light up and he said "Hey Mommy, that's the Beatles!". The red & white Robeez with maple leafs on them were the first baby thing I bought when I was pregnant with Andrew. Hearing about your nursery decorating, book buying & internet ordering at 'only' 20 weeks makes me fear for your financial future ;)

Shan said...

Awh - that's so cute!! Uncle Dave and Uncle Mac sure would be proud of his music tastes!
I just couldn't resist the Robeez yesterday - they're so stinking cute! So far, we've focused on books since they will always need books to read at bedtime.
I maybe be buying alot of stuff, but Grandma Dale and Poppa taught me to be cheap! haha

Sara said...

Books are a great idea. I'd suggest starting to buy some classic board books b/c those will be the first thing you read to Bug once he's out (he'd destroy the other kind).

Shan said...

Yes - we looked at the "Baby's First Library" the other day at Chapters and C said the same thing. So I think after our baby showers, we'll go and invest in The Hungry Caterpiller etc.
We already have Hop on Pop, which is HILARIOUS to hear C read because he yells everything that's in capital's lol