Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who Gets Morning Sickness in Week 20!?

Me - that's who! I am not thrilled about it either, and while it isn't nearly as severe as it was between 6-14weeks, it's still pretty brutal. Bug must be going through a growth spurt, which means extra hormones and a few days of throwing up for me! Oh well, c'est la vie!

Last night, I popped in my prenatal yoga DVD. It was pretty fun actually, and even though I'm not as flexible as I used to be, I really enjoyed it. There were around 10 other women doing the poses with the very pregnant instructor, which was comforting.



The Downward Dog pose always used to be my favourite, usually going from Sun Salutation into Cobra and then into Downward Dog, however...with a belly...not so much! The standing Triangle poses were great, and the sitting hip stretches were amazing! My joints felt fantastic afterward, and then came the squats....oh the squats.

The instructor did them at three different intervals, which was fine and I was happy that I could actually manage to do all three. However, while you're breathing you're supposed to be flexing the muscles on the pelvic floor (kegels) and squatting at the same time. Holy mama! It's hard! But I supposed it's preparing your body for child birth, and is something that every woman should do to strengthen those muscles. So, I shall keep practising!

It was interesting though, because I slept much better last night with fewer interruptions (aside from Bug rolling over at one point and nudging my bladder) and I didn't throw up this morning either! Things are looking up!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty sure I will be right there with you in my 20th week. Oh got to love M/S! Glad you enjoyed yoga. I might need to get that dvd, I LOVE the crunch series. Happy Hump Day lovely!

Shan said...

Happy Hump Day to you too hon! The DVD was great - it was funny and she made silly little comments about the babies and stuff..it was lighthearted and I liked that