After getting caught up on 4 hours of American Idol, I decided to hit the hay with the cats, and read a story to Bug. Last night we chose....

The Mr. Men series was C's favourite growing up, so we invested in the Mr. Men Collection and have been trying to read them every couple of nights (there's only 8 books in the collection, I need to find more, but they're very hard to come by!). My favourite so far is Mr. Chatterbox - C's rendition is absolutely hilarious! He does all of the voices and animation just perfectly!
Bug wiggled and jumped for me a little while I was reading him the story, but definitely not as much as when C is reading to him. I think story time is one of those times that Bug has already bonded with his Daddy through, and I couldn't be happier that Bug would rather listen to Daddy than to me. It's such a neat thing to have them bonding over, and it will build an amazing foundation for a great bedtime routine and relationship between Daddy and Bug.
I think I may need to spend some time today trying to find more of the Mr. Men books as they seem to be a big hit around the Szem household!
2 comments:
He went to Florida w/o his pregnant wife?! Bad Daddy2B! He'd better bring you back something nice!
AGREED!
I asked if I could go if he was going away for more than 2 nights - but he's there working away like a Good Daddy...so I can't really complain too much.
Plus...he's an overprotective Daddy and doesn't want me flying..at all...anywhere :(
Post a Comment