That's right folks...there are more projects in my very near future and I sort of feel the need to write them out so that I actually have some accountability to get them accomplished!
It looks like I'm going to be going on maternity leave a little (a lot...) earlier than originally planned. April 1st will be my last day in the office, and over the weekend I was starting to wonder what the heck I'm going to do with myself for two months! However, by the end of the weekend...I had a pretty good list going.
Project #1 - Gardening and Landscaping
Our gardens are decent, but we just moved into our beautiful house in December so I really have no idea what shrubs, bushes, flowers etc. are already there. Thankfully, Grammy V has a very green thumb and is willing to help me figure out some garden plans. I'd love to plant a Magnolia tree out front, and we need some trees in the back that will give us some privacy since we currently back onto dirt and undeveloped lots, but there is one house right behind us and it sort of feels like we live in a fish bowl.
Project #2 - Painting Studio Setup
At our condo, I was fortunate enough to have one room just for my painting and cake designs. Now that we have a nursery and a guest room, there hasn't really been a space that I can set up that's just mine...until now. I started thinking about how to rearrange the furniture in the guest room so that I can get my easel, painting supply carts, wood and canvases all set up, and I think I finally have it figured out. No...I won't be moving the furniture, but I can certainly set things up so that I have some design space to work on an art collection once Bug is about 6+months old.
Project #3 - Turn Our Master into a Proper Bedroom
Currently, our master bedroom is looking a little sad. Sure...it's all nicely organized...but it's literally a bed, a dresser and a little corner hutch. We need some personality in there! I redid the master at our condo this time last year, and put up a 13' (yes...foot...) spruce shelf along one wall with about 8 pillar candles on it. It was LOVELY! I think that shelf needs to go up behind our bed, with the candles, and that some new art work is needed in there as well.
Project #4 - Plan and Host Bridal Shower
I've mentioned before that my lovely friend A is getting married this summer, and unfortunately it's just a couple short weeks after our due date and in Panama. We're so sad that we can't go, and I've really tried to help out with anything that she needs in the planning process...including throwing her a bridal shower on April 24th! I pretty much have it all planned out, but I will need to get working on favours at the beginning of April and sort of wrap my head around some of the things that I want to do. It'll be more of a luncheon than anything else, but I want to make sure that it is a beautiful event for her. She really deserves it!
Project #5 - Plan and Host Spa-Day
On May 29th, my lovely girlfriends and I are going to be heading to the spa for a non-baby-shower! I'm so excited! Everyone will be getting manicures or pedicures (or really whatever they want) and it will be a great opportunity for us to just relax and enjoy each other's company. While I know some will likely read this eventually and that I'm about to spoil a surprise of sorts, I want to make sure that this is extra special. That means colour coordinated cupcakes and other treats that I'll be able to bring to the spa, just as a little thank-you to the ladies who've really helped me through this pregnancy.
Project #6 - Re-read Twilight Series
I know...exciting eh? But I figure that it will keep me busy, and it would be nice to get out onto our deck to enjoy the spring sunshine with a glass of lemonade after going for a walk.
Obviously, this is all in addition to getting everything in the nursery setup, but once the dresser is finished...it will take all of 10 minutes to put some pictures up on the walls, organize his books, set up the lamp and put my Dad's drum sticks on his dresser. Hopefully, his nursery will be finished before I go on maternity leave so that I can focus on prenatal yoga, going for walks and my 6 not-so-little projects.
That should keep me busy for a while....right?
4 comments:
Lucky! I want to go on maternity leave early too! :O) How long will you be taking off after the little one arrives? I am planning on working up until my water breaks! lol Thats the plan anyway...
This is the point where my American Momma Friends are going to hate me...I'll be on Maternity Leave until June 2011.
*hides from the tomatoes that will be thrown my way*
The original plan was to work until June 4th, unless I went into labour before that. Plans change though!
Now I would never throw a tomato at you, catch me being jealous um yes! That is so nice that you will have a year off with your little guy. Will you have your same job when you go back to work?
Hopefully! I guess it really depends on how they plan to grow the company - but that's a year away...so much can happen!
Post a Comment