Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bright and Early

Yes folks...it's currently 5:30am and I cannot sleep. I figured, with my to-do list for the day being about a mile long and with activities such as vacuuming three bedrooms, cleaning a bathroom, tidying our living room, getting groceries and creating a new painting for our bedroom...I had better blog now while I'm awake than sacrifice an afternoon nap to update you all!

We had our first biweekly prenatal appointment yesterday, and all-in-all...it went pretty well!

Bug's Heart Rate - 126bpm
I'm not too sure what it means when it drops a little every time, but thankfully I've been keeping notes as to what it is each time that we go in and the time of day. He was resting yesterday, so likely that's why it's a little low. I did a little research for some peace of mind, and as long as it doesn't dip below 110bpm or raise higher than 160bpm, we're in the clear.

Momma's Blood Pressure - 90/68
Still pretty low, and yes I've been feeling light headed from time to time. They're not overly concerned, since typically my blood pressure is fairly low. Still need to increase the water and salt intake, get up slowly and take it easy (I don't think I know what those last three words means though...)

Momma's Weight - +0.5lbs (total weight gain/loss - minus 14.5lbs)
This actually made me giggle yesterday, and Dr. Leslie laughed alongside. I told her that I am struggling with a lacking appetite right now, but that I'm trying to do everything I can to eat healthy...lots of whole grains, protein, trying to up my dairy and fruit intake as well. Again, she's not overly concerned but I do need to start snacking more and trying to get in a few more calories every day.

Fetal Position - all curled up!
He was all curled up in my right rib cage again today, with his head down at my right hip, back along my side, bum in my ribs and feet toward my belly button. She said that it was hard to tell, and poked around for quite some time to make sure that she got it right. She showed me what to feel for and what movements to keep an eye on to help me figure out where he is. Currently...at almost 6am...his head is to the right and just above my belly button (he has the hiccups, so that was pretty easy to figure out!), bum is up in my left rib cage and feet at down toward my left hip...he's face down....kinda!

He's been wiggling and kicking up a storm since about 4:45am, but seems to be resting now...I think he's only squirming because my tummy is grumbling...it must be loud in there!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Head down is great! A glass of milk and a handful of almonds is a great snack b/c milk is equal parts protein & carb and almonds are a healthy fat. Cheese & an apple is another great snack. Humus & whole grain crackers makes a complete protein and would be another awesome snack. Happy snacking!

Shan said...

lol what about when Im craving a slurpee and NERDS?