What a way to celebrate completing Week 31...Maternity Leave! While I realize that it's only been one day so far, I thought that I would get restless right away and be bored out of my skull. Happily, I'm not bored yet and have lots of things to get accomplished this week before my first baby shower on Saturday!
First, I have hostess gifts for the wonderful ladies who are hosting showers for me that I need to figure out. I have everything done for the one hostess - the mother of a 3 year old bouncing boy who definitely deserves some pampering (Bath and Body Works, anyone??). The hostess for this weekend's shower I have one thing left to get to complete her gift, and I'm really excited to give it to her because I think that she will really love it.
The other two hostesses are proving to be much more difficult to buy for, but I'm determined to find them the perfect gift today in my adventures! One just renovated a really beautiful home, complete with a rooftop patio that I'm sure they will get loads of enjoyment out of this summer. Perhaps something funky for up there is in order, which means a trip to Homesense! The other hostess is an avid gardener, and I remember C's mom saying that she loves peonies...so perhaps something like a beautiful hydrangea or azalea, or maybe an orchid for indoors?
Today is a perfect shopping day as the weather leaves something to be desired! Having worked in a mall setting while in University, rainy days were always the best because no one wanted to venture out of their homes for some reason. You'd think that it's be perfect for shopping because...well...what else are you going to do when the weather is not-so-nice?
I also have to make the thank-you cards this week and make the seashell chocolate favours for the bridal shower that I'm throwing later in the month for my friend. Another great rainy day activity, if you ask me! I started the chocolates last night, but only have the one mold so it's going to take me a little bit of time to get them all finished. Twenty-five guests, three chocolates each and the mold only has 11 cavities!
And then there are the pampering appointments that I have for myself this week! Tomorrow, I' going for a prenatal massage and I couldn't be more excited for it. Thankfully, my best friend (who is also Bug's Godmomma) is an RMT, and I'll be going to her clinic for my massage. Then, we're doing lunch afterward!
Friday, I get to go and see the wonderful, magical and incredibly talented April - my hairstylist! I always love going to her and letting her play with colour and texture. I probably won't stray too far from my regular dark-dark brown with red peak-a-boo's, but I've been finding that the red fades rather quickly these days, so perhaps something with a darker undertone is in order. Either way, I know that she'll do a fabulous job and that y hair will look perfect for the shower on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment